When I go to purge pending messages on a users' account, I get this error: ... Server Admins forum

slundy no está en línea Stack level 2

Unable to Purge Pending messages

Advertisement

When I go to purge pending messages on a users' account, I get this error:

"Command Failed: An unexpected error occurred executing the command for the user: "John Doe" on Blackberry Server "BES". Command returned code was 0x088a474c.

The account I am using through the Blackberry Manager has full access, and I have the 4.1.3 version of the manager as well. Any ideas as to why it won't let me purge?

if someone remotes directly into the server and does it from there it works fine.

Thanks,

randy.hill no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Unable to Purge Pending messages

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Can you elaborate on what you mean about the remoting in and deleting it from the server?

Are you running you Blackberry on a BES server with a Corporate Mailing system like Exchange?

It's a BES running on a Win2k3 server and the main BES admin uses remote desktop to 'remote' in instead of using the manager, as far as I know. Whereas I use the Blackberry Manager to connect the server to do admin duties.

It's running with Lotus Notes also, although I dont' think that would have anything to do with it. I keep thinking it's a rights issue with the account he's letting me use, but he claims it has full rights...

he uses rdp to get into the server
    Last edited by slundy; 05-16-2007 at 03:50 PM.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

You have the BES Manager nstalled on your computer and receive this error. However you are reprting when the admins RDP in to the server they do not receive the error?

Do you have the Exchange Managment Tools installed as well?

Is the BES Profile set to the correct account?
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

We're on Lotus Notes, so we wouldn't use the Exchange Management Tools. Not sure why he uses Remote Desktop to go into the server, but he does and he's the admin.

He stated that the account I"m using has full rights, whatever that means. I asked another admin to try it the way I do it and see if they get errors.

jason1114 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by slundy
    We're on Lotus Notes, so we wouldn't use the Exchange Management Tools. Not sure why he uses Remote Desktop to go into the server, but he does and he's the admin.

He stated that the account I"m using has full rights, whatever that means. I asked another admin to try it the way I do it and see if they get errors.
    The undrerlying blackberry configuration db has specific rights to it and thos eare the funtions you are using with the blackberry manager client. Are you on SQL or MSDE? When the admin logs on the box he is using his windows trusted authentication. Its not the rights to the box but the rights to the underlying BESMGMT db on SQL or MSDE