First question is, can image attachments be opened through email using a 7290 Blackberry? Second ... Server Admins forum

yo_fishy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

Unable to open image attachments on a 7290

Advertisement

First question is, can image attachments be opened through email using a 7290 Blackberry?

Second question. If you can open images, What on the BES would restrict it from happening especially if all word, excel, powerpoint or text attachments can be opened with no issue using a 7290 BB? Also, 8700 Blackberry's on the same BES servers have no issues viewing imaging attachments.

I've read on-line and heard it could be an out of date CMIME service book (tried the fix but it didn't work), heard 7290's can not view pictures from email attachments and heard they could. I also opened up another thread in the General Blackberry Forum and was asked if the attachement download support was disabled for 7290 units. Could something like this be possible?

I support Blackberry's for the company I work for and no one has ever asked to view images until the 8700 started being distributed and people saw this was possible. I've tried viewing small jpegs but to no avail. Any suggestions? I don't understand the server side of the BES to much because we have Lotus Notes admins that administer them, any questions do you think I should ask them?

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

Re: Unable to open image attachments on a 7290

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'm abel to view attachments from email...your company can restrict you viewing pics as attachments through your it policy I believe

bbcat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2835A200

I have been viewing attachment pix, word doc and pdf files on the bb7290 forever. Then again, I am the fortunate one??? 'cause I'm not on any BES. My take is your IT policy may be the culprit responsible. Best of luck.......
    blackberrycat
    "Do the Right Thing, Make your Mother Proud"

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Yo fishy, one post on the subject is just fine. We'll get to ya, I promise. Now, I think your problem might be what bbcat said, you might have to contact your IT administrator.
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    Yo fishy, one post on the subject is just fine. We'll get to ya, I promise. Now, I think your problem might be what bbcat said, you might have to contact your IT administrator.
    Thanks. I'll check with them and let you know. I didn't mean to throw it under the Handheld software section, my apologies but thanks for the help.

PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

The 7290 users that can not open image attachments are on BES 2.2 servers. I just found out that i[FONT=Helv]mage file support is not available on the 2.2 servers. They only support Office, PDF, Word Perfect... but no image files. I will just have to move users to our BES 4.0 server and give them a default policy if they'd like to open image attachments.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Helv][/FONT]
    [FONT=Helv]Thanks for your help and forgive me for the multiple posts. Thanks.
    [/FONT]