Hi! Today when loading up the BES Manager (I'm using BES 4.1.2 w/Microsoft SQL Server ... Server Admins forum

ahages no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    251D1772

Question Unable to load BES Manager - Application error

Advertisement

Hi!

Today when loading up the BES Manager (I'm using BES 4.1.2 w/Microsoft SQL Server 2005 on a Domino environment) the application seemed to hang and eventually (after 5 minutes) gave the error message "Application error- Please report to support personnel if problem persists". I then tested on a different PC and same issue.

When searching for this error I came across the KB attached below however I could not find any info on how to clear down the Blackberry Configuration Database using the SQL Tasks - does anyone have any information on this?

Thanks for any help!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application error when opening BlackBerry Manager
    Doc ID : KB13687
    Last Modified : 2008-02-20
    Document Type : Support

Environment

* BlackBerry® Enterprise Server software version 4.1 Service Pack 3 (4.1.3)
    * Microsoft® Exchange

Problem

When you open BlackBerry Manager, you receive the following error message:

Application error- Please report to support personnel if problem persists

Cause

The BlackBerry Configuration Database contains a lot of old information.

Resolution

Run the SQL tasks in the Microsoft® SQL Server™ on the BlackBerry Configuration Database to clear the old information.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    See if this helps you:

http://www.mssqltips.com/tip.asp?tip=1324

And also confirm the Service account for the SQL Server has FULL CONTROL rights on the remote file share, both through the sharing UNC and the underlying NTFS file system.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

ashworth no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have seen this if you have any customer IT Policy rules. I know there is a bug within the bbmgr on this. I think support told me this should be fixed in 4.1.5.

PIN/ID
    251D1772
    We do use IT Policy rules however at the moment I'm not able to do any changes on these.

Regarding the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 I assume all rights are correct as this has been working fine for months and months and no changes has been done prior to this happening.

PIN/ID
    251D1772
    Problem was with the SQL so after restarting this it worked. Sorry should have tried first thing!