2 issues, related? BB Browser traffic going through our BES (4.0.6.12) here is the first: ... Server Admins forum

bb_insanity no está en línea Stack level 1

Question unable to hit some sites..

Advertisement

2 issues, related?
    BB Browser traffic going through our BES (4.0.6.12)
    here is the first:
    I have some users who used to be able to use their BB to book their seats on their way to the airport at the following site:

http://mobile.westjet.com
    which redirects to:
    [FONT=Arial]https://c1dsp.westjet.com/WestJetPDACheckin/Start.aspx[/FONT]
    (or c2dsp,c3dsp...)
    now all users are getting an HTTP 400 Error: Bad Request, hense, unable to book their seats...

going to the site on the BES does fine on the redirect... when attempting from a BB, this is what I am seeing in the logs on the BES:
    <2007-10-10 11:37:45.415 PDT>:[14447]:<MDS_SERVER>:<WARNG>:<LAYER = IPPP, Invalid HTTP Proxy Server: Connection refused PROXY.DOMAIN.COM:8080>
    <2007-10-10 11:37:45.415 PDT>:[14448]:<MDS_SERVER>:<WARNG>:<LAYER = IPPP, Http Proxies failed. Attempting to connect directly>
    <2007-10-10 11:38:01.837 PDT>:[14449]:<MDS_SERVER>:<INFO >:<LAYER = IPPP, BSM: url - https://c1dsp.westjet.com/WestJetPDACheckin/Start.aspx : SKIPPED IMGS 0 total size 0.0K, SENT IMGS 0, UPDATED IMGS 0, SKIPPED JS 0 total size 0.0K, SENT JS 0, UPDATED JS 0, SKIPPED CSS 0 total size 0.0K, SENT CSS 0, UPDATED CSS 0>
    <2007-10-10 11:38:01.837 PDT>:[14450]:<MDS_SERVER>:<DEBUG>:<LAYER = IPPP, HTTP Thread: JobRunner-41 stopping>
    <2007-10-10 11:38:01.837 PDT>:[14451]:<MDS_SERVER>:<DEBUG>:<LAYER = IPPP, HTTP Thread: JobRunner-41 stopped>

The second issue:
    BB users are now unable to authenticate against the Active Directory when hitting pages with permissions on them... the prompt appears, you enter info, and it kicks back to the prompt again... after X number of tries it throws the 'you do not have permissions to view this page' message...

Any insight would be greatly appreciated... no changes have been made on the BES... and I have been told that no changes have been made regarding network configurations....

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: unable to hit some sites..

BB Insanity, do they have the ability to load the Opera Mini browser and view the site through there? Also, have them check their APN Settings.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    BB Insanity, do they have the ability to load the Opera Mini browser and view the site through there? Also, have them check their APN Settings.
    If I enable the WAP browser (via policy) and use it in place of the BB Browser the re-direct works just fine...

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Hmmmm. Have there been any recent policy changes that would have caused this? Otherwise, it could be changes on the site itself.

If your users have the ability to load a 3rd party browser on their BB's, you might want to suggest Opera as it can usually load pages like this (not always).

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Hmmmm. Have there been any recent policy changes that would have caused this? Otherwise, it could be changes on the site itself.

If your users have the ability to load a 3rd party browser on their BB's, you might want to suggest Opera as it can usually load pages like this (not always).
    unfortunately, users are not permitted to install applications on their own... browser traffic must go through the BES, as they also need to access pages on our intranet as well (which is also not working at the moment... checking the security logs on one of our IIS boxes... it is saying that my credentials are incorrect when testing... they are correct...)... long story short: 2 browsers = too much confusion. They would rather the problem be resolved.