The BlackBerry device user is unable to restore wireless backup databases using BlackBerry Desktop ... Server Admins forum
Unable to restore wireless databases from a backup file (BES)
The BlackBerry device user is unable to restore wireless backup databases using BlackBerry Desktop Manager. The databases are greyed out in the list of databases found in Backup/Restore > Advanced Settings.
To allow the BlackBerry device user to restore wireless backup databases, complete the following:
The BlackBerry user will now be able to restore the wireless backup databases that were previously greyed out.
- Open BlackBerry Manager.
- Click User List and select the required BlackBerry device user.
- Click Edit Properties.
- From the list of properties on the left-pane, select PIM Sync.
- Change the value for Automatic Wireless Backup Enabled to False.
- Click OK.
Once the required databases are restored, in BlackBerry Manager, change the value for Automatic Wireless Backup Enabled to True.
Re: Unable to restore wireless databases from a backup file (BES)
I believe another possible resolution is as follows:
1. Go to Options >> Advanced Options >> Service books
2. Delete the Desktop (SYNC) service book
3. Go to Desktop Manager >> Backup/Restore >> Advanced, and proceed with your advanced restore. Your Databases should no longer be grayed out, and available to be restored.
NOTE: Calendar may still be grayed out depending on your config. On the Blackberry, Go to Calendar >> Options and set Wireless Sync to 'No' and save
4. When Restore is complete, go back to Options >> Advanced Optiosn >> Service books
5. Click and select Undelete
6. Desktop (SYNC) will now be restored
NOTE: If you previously disabled wireless sync in Calendar >> Options, change it back to 'Yes' and save.
I have used this process many times with a Domino BES environment. Doesnt require the involvement of the BES admin.
Tags for this Thread