Hi all, I'm new here and also new to Blackberry devices. I'm in IT and ... Server Admins forum

dbytes no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E623CB

Two Enterprise Servers (BES & BES Express) on one handheld?

Advertisement

Hi all,

I'm new here and also new to Blackberry devices. I'm in IT and have been supporting users and a BES for a short time, although I never had a device until now. I'm a big Palm Treo fan and quickly missing my Treo; not going to carry two devices. I didn't like how BB Connect worked on the Treo and it's only for e-mail so that's not an option for supporting my users; I need to be familiar with the device.

The BES account on my Pearl is working good and I'm told that BIS accounts are only one way reconciliation (deletes from a server mailbox will not delete from the BB handheld, deletes work from BB to server). I find this annoying and a bad design flaw by RIM. This worked great on the Treo using my IMAP account.

I run my own Exchange 2003 Server and have received a copy of BES Express from RIM.

Is it possible to run both a BES for my corporate mail and a BES Express for my personal mail?

Thanks!

Jerry

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Hi dbytes. Only one BES can be run at a time, there is only room for one enterprise activation. Ill leave any other questions to other stackers.

PIN/ID
    23E623CB
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I figured only one BES would be allowed.

Thanks

Jerry

thpsrulr no está en línea Stack level 1
    Why run more than one BES? Just more hardware and stuff to watch over. Just setup a new mail profile for your personal mail after you connect to your corporate email accnt via internal BES. If you have your own BES, I wouldn't pay for BIS any longer.

PIN/ID
    23E623CB
    Quote Originally Posted by thpsrulr
    Why run more than one BES? Just more hardware and stuff to watch over. Just setup a new mail profile for your personal mail after you connect to your corporate email accnt via internal BES. If you have your own BES, I wouldn't pay for BIS any longer.
    There is no additional charge to have BIS or BES or both with my carrier. I'm not sure to what you are referring for seting up a new mail profile for my personal mail. Can you elaborate or give an example to what you to what you are referring?

Jerry