Is is possible to have two active email accounts on the same BB connected via ... Server Admins forum

Mushroom no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Two Email addresses on one BES Account?

Advertisement

Is is possible to have two active email accounts on the same BB connected via BES. The user has two email addresses, one is visable to his PA and the other must remain private.

He is a Domino Notes user if that makes a difference.

TIA

cyberpyr8 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Two Email addresses on one BES Account?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I do that with multiple Exchange accounts by telling the desktop app to send from multiple folders under my inbox. I created rules that have Outlook seperate them out and I tell desktop to push from those folders. I don't know if notes will let you do that or not. But that's where I would start looking. When I get to work I will see if I can give you more details on how I have it configured.

Thanks for your help, I will log a support call with RIM and see what they say. The future rollout depends on the outcome.

Cheers

HotWax no está en línea BES Pro

Does he have a single Mail file with both addresses pointing to it?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It is two address files (Notes databases) with 2 email addresses. 1 is visable to his PA and the other must remain private. He does not want 2 BBs.

HotWax no está en línea BES Pro

Create a mail agent or Rule to send a copy of any new mail to the other account? If you have more than one BES you could try and put one account on each BES? I could test that for you if interested? might get a decryption failure??

I am still stumped. I have logged a ticket with RIM TSupport. Will let you know the outcome.

Thanks all.

Update.

RIM confirmed the BES will only support one email address so the solution would be to use both BES and BIS (where supported). In the UK this is possible with O2 but not on Vodafone - not sure what other providers support this.

Setup the BES account as normal and the activat POP3 mail collection on the additional account in Lotus Notes.

Use the BIS admin to add the POP3 account.

now have two working accounts - one BES and one BIS. The BES account has all the tasks, calendar and addresses while the BIS account collects the private mail.

My thanks to all for your input.

paulst no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom
    Update.

RIM confirmed the BES will only support one email address so the solution would be to use both BES and BIS (where supported). In the UK this is possible with O2 but not on Vodafone - not sure what other providers support this.

Setup the BES account as normal and the activat POP3 mail collection on the additional account in Lotus Notes.

Use the BIS admin to add the POP3 account.

now have two working accounts - one BES and one BIS. The BES account has all the tasks, calendar and addresses while the BIS account collects the private mail.

My thanks to all for your input.
    Vodafone do allow dual provisioning for their devices. I currently use a vodafone BB running on both services.

garycutri no está en línea Stack level 3

Technically it should have nothing to do with your service provider. If you have BES codes you can access BES and BIS.

paulst no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by garycutri
    Technically it should have nothing to do with your service provider. If you have BES codes you can access BES and BIS.
    Technically it has everything to do with the service provider as they control the provisioning of services for their handhelds. Vodafone UK provision all their devices for dual services(BIS and BES). You can restrict a handhelds to certain services. I.e. A handheld that has been provisioned for Enterprise will only be able to be used on a BES.

The provisioning system(part of the blackberry infrastructure) is controlled by the service provider(carrier). RIM assigns handhelds to SP's(carriers) and allows them access to the provisioning system to control services accessed by their handheld.

Quote Originally Posted by paulst
    Vodafone do allow dual provisioning for their devices. I currently use a vodafone BB running on both services.
    I was only repeating what several "sales" staff at Vodafone (stores and business customer service) were telling me.

Thanks for the update.

Berel no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B07BC0

You can forward all messages to one inbox in notes and set both address books to replicate to a single names.nsf. Point the PIM synch on the BES to that names.nsf, and the user will receive all the information from both notes id's on his Blackberry

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom
    Is is possible to have two active email accounts on the same BB connected via BES. The user has two email addresses, one is visable to his PA and the other must remain private.

He is a Domino Notes user if that makes a difference.

TIA
    Activating two BES accounts can be done by renaming the service books of the first account and then activating the second account. You must have two BES servers to do this. I don't know all the details, but others have reported this configuration previously. Whit that in mind, no one (including RIM) will support this type of configuration.