Hi all, I have an 8820 that's connected to my company's BES. I also have ... Server Admins forum

rws381 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Two Devices on BES

Advertisement

Hi all, I have an 8820 that's connected to my company's BES. I also have a Curve that's not in use but lately I have been wanting to use it. Can I switch between devices and run the Enterprise Activation whenever I feel like switching between 8820 and 8310?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Yes, there should be no problem with that if you are the BES manager or have a very understanding BES manager who feels like taking the time to complete this switch each time you feel like switching devices.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    Yes, there should be no problem with that if you are the BES manager or have a very understanding BES manager who feels like taking the time to complete this switch each time you feel like switching devices.
    Well I'm not the manager. Are there things that need to be changed by the manager? I was hoping that I could just type me email and password in on the activation...

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    The BES admin will need to give you an Enterprise Activation password (or, if you have DM integrated well, when you plug the curve in, it'll ask you if you want to switch to this device.

But, first things first - many companies have policies about using personal hardware at work - make sure what your company's policies are before you do this (not worth losing your job over).

Use the switch device wizard in DM to transfer all of your data over, then move your sim and media card from the 8820 to the curve. then plug the curve into your pc and when DM asks you if you want to switch to this device, say yes - this will kick off the Enterprise Activation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    The BES admin will need to give you an Enterprise Activation password (or, if you have DM integrated well, when you plug the curve in, it'll ask you if you want to switch to this device.

But, first things first - many companies have policies about using personal hardware at work - make sure what your company's policies are before you do this (not worth losing your job over).

Use the switch device wizard in DM to transfer all of your data over, then move your sim and media card from the 8820 to the curve. then plug the curve into your pc and when DM asks you if you want to switch to this device, say yes - this will kick off the Enterprise Activation.
    Thanks Ridicule. I don't think using personal devices are a problem, the 8820 is mine. Maybe I'll call and see what's up before I go messing around with aynthing.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Aye, always best to be safe (you can confirm with the BES admin if the setup at work is as simple as using DM to swap devices, then the EA will kick off automatically).

Cheers!