Results 1 to 9 of 9

Hi, I'm wondering whether I can turn off the MDS Connection Service? I'm not using ... Server Admins forum

  1. #1
    gkarasik's Avatar
    gkarasik no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    32

    turn off MDS connection service

    Advertisement



    Hi,

    I'm wondering whether I can turn off the MDS Connection Service? I'm not using it for anything that I know of.

    GaryK

  2. #2
    GaryF's Avatar
    GaryF no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,432
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~options. Mobile services. Set data to OFF

  3. #3
    gkarasik's Avatar
    gkarasik no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    32

    turning off the MDS service

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~options. Mobile services. Set data to OFF
    I'm talking about turning off the MDS Connection Service in the Services applet and setting it to Manual.

    GaryK

  4. #4
    STL8700's Avatar
    STL8700 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    92
    Do you use the Blackberry Browser from your phone? Thats the service that runs it...

  5. #5
    gkarasik's Avatar
    gkarasik no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by STL8700 View Post
    Do you use the Blackberry Browser from your phone? Thats the service that runs it...
    No, we don't. We use the Microsoft IE-style browser. I don't even know what the Blackberry Browser is/does.

    GaryK

  6. #6
    markgallant's Avatar
    markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    430
    Are you talking about the MDS Connection service on the BES server itself?

  7. #7
    gkarasik's Avatar
    gkarasik no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    Are you talking about the MDS Connection service on the BES server itself?
    Yes.

    GaryK

  8. #8
    STL8700's Avatar
    STL8700 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    92
    The MDS Connection Service controls the MDS connection to the BES server so handhelds can browse the intranet. If a handheld's browser is set to use the "blackberry browser" and this service is not started it wont work.
    In other words, if your phone is set to use "internet browser" then you dont need the MDS service.

  9. #9
    gkarasik's Avatar
    gkarasik no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by STL8700 View Post
    The MDS Connection Service controls the MDS connection to the BES server so handhelds can browse the intranet. If a handheld's browser is set to use the "blackberry browser" and this service is not started it wont work.
    In other words, if your phone is set to use "internet browser" then you dont need the MDS service.
    Thanks much.

    GaryK

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •