Actually, I have come to hate my treo and am considering being assimilated into the ... Server Admins forum

love my Treo no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Treo Defector

Advertisement

Actually, I have come to hate my treo and am considering being assimilated into the Blackberry Cooperative. ("Resistance is futile")
    Then I can:

1) Dump the Treos
    2) Dump Verizon (crucial)
    3) Not have to restrain myself from throwing my Treo out of a moving car (done it)

The only thing that keeps the co tied to VZW is their 'Wireless Sync'. I call it Wireless Sucks. It allows push email and PIM sync with Exchange with nothing more than one small, free app running on (1) any computer on the LAN. Aside from purchasing new devices, whats BES working with Exchange 2K3 for 10 users gonna cost?

Thank You!

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Welcome to PinStack. Your best bet would be to check RIM's site for their current pricing, and do a search for "BES Alternatives". You'll find quite a number to look at.

Post again if you have any questions.

ernsalas no está en línea Stack level 3
    Welcome to the stacks...i hate treo

love my Treo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Mailstreet and Link to Exchange look the same-about $160/yr per user plus one of their accounts. Forget the RIM site, I feel like a Texas wildcatter, trying to drill down through that site just to get an idea of prices. No time for that, thats why I asked in a BES admins group.

Im gonna take a wild guess-$160/yr per user plus one of their accounts is a whole lot cheaper and less hassle than running BES, right?

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by love my Treo View Post
    Mailstreet and Link to Exchange look the same-about $160/yr per user plus one of their accounts. Forget the RIM site, I feel like a Texas wildcatter, trying to drill down through that site just to get an idea of prices. No time for that, thats why I asked in a BES admins group.

Im gonna take a wild guess-$160/yr per user plus one of their accounts is a whole lot cheaper and less hassle than running BES, right?
    For 10 users you would be looking into getting BlackBerry Professional Software, the MSRP for 10 users is $849USD http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service...ab_tab_pricing

I would say that running a BES(BPS) of that scale would be relatively easy and a lot cheaper in the long run than paying $160/yr per user with some of the third party providers. BlackBerry Professional Software is quite a bit lighter than BES and could be installed on the same server as exchange if your exchange server has decent hardware. Please not that BPS comes with one free Incident Based Support.

If you have any additional questions please post back.

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have set up a couple BPS/BESs and they are easy to setup and use and yes...just the one-time fee.
    When in Doubt, Pop the Battery Out!