I have BES 4.0.7 running on Windows Server 2000, and am getting the "The log ... Server Admins forum

eforcedude no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400787FE

Transaction log full

Advertisement

I have BES 4.0.7 running on Windows Server 2000, and am getting the "The log file for Database "BESMgmt" is full. Backup the transaction log for the database to free up some log space. IDispatch error #3092" error (event ID 10226). Don't know much about SQL, and learning on BES. How do I empty out the transaction log so my BES will run again?

TIA.

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Transaction log full

Howdy. Check this post where it starts at Cause 1 and this article on blackberry's website. These should help you. Please let us know how it turns out.
    Last edited by jrockett; 01-16-2008 at 10:18 AM. Reason: formatting
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

eforcedude no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400787FE

Re: Transaction log full

JRocket,
    Thanks for those. I think Cause 1 was the issue, but my boss did it differently. He did a backup of the transaction log, then a backup of the DB, then detached the DB, deleted the transaction log, then reattached to a new, blank trans log. Not sure that's the right way, but it seemed to work (back up working now). I may amend this after writing up the procedure for later, but that's the gist.

What exactly does shrinking the log do? does it just shrink the allocated space? Or shrink the data in the log file?