I have a corporate 8700g which uses a BES and Exchange. Since delivery the following ... Server Admins forum

mdinsdale no está en línea Stack level 1

Question "This message is used to carry..." network messages

Advertisement

I have a corporate 8700g which uses a BES and Exchange.

Since delivery the following (exerpt) has appeared on sending or replying:

"This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server."

I have subsequently added support for a POP account using 02's service which works fine.

The 8700 has been visited three times by the corporate techies and returned for the attention of "networks" twice. The desktop software has been resinstalled by the techies.

From the perspective of someone who understands and mangages email but has no access to the corporate BES, can you suggest anything to try as the corporate techies have given up, stating that I'm the only one who's tried to use the exchange and corporarte accounts concurrently so its my own fault. As it didn't work before I added the POP account that doesn't wash but there I am...

As, a newbie if I've posted this in the wrong topic please let me know.

-md-

bbtec no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D76E42

Re: "This message is used to carry..." network messages

That is usually caused by the desktop redirector program within desktop manager. That can be removed by your IT dept. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Hello mdinsdale and Welcome to the Stacks. You posted in the correct area. I think bbtec has you covered. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

digitalmek no está en línea Stack level 1

that message should only show breifly during "enterprise activation"
    this means you have not completed enterprise activation and are not properly hooked up to the bes.
    the message also says do not open reply or move this message, if its the one I am thinking of.

anyway, this can happen because of a few reasons - one is mentioned above, you are configured to use desktop redirection - I have also seen this happen when you have "redirection to handheld disabled while cradled" set and when outlook is in cached exchange mode.

Thumbs up Re: "This message is used to carry..." network messages

Thanks both, I'll investigate those suggestions and report back.

-md-

mitchie55 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246ceeba

This errors is also visible when a subscriber is setupo for BIS but installed BES software on the PC.

Thanks, so far I've turned off cached Exchange mode and tried the cradle option, but I have severly limited time to play at work so have not gone further. I was toying with reinstalling the desktop software but it seems like the last but one corporate techies who looked at it pinched the install CD - can the desktop stuff be downloaded, and if so what does it want to know - any way I can inspect current settings to find out BES server names etc?

- Mark

bbtec no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D76E42

Yes it can be downloaded form your carriers website for tmobile its tmobile.com/bbupgrde and then follow the onscreen instructions. If you IT guys have half a brain the exchange server that autopopulates should be the correct one. Just make sure you don't have a dot infront of redirector just exchange. And to ease your mind you can diffently have a BES and BIS accounts on your device unless your IT dept specifically says no and locks it down.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

julesagogo no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

Hope it's ok to post in BES...it might apply.

My company has a BES. I have a personal Pearl that is not connected to BES and received a message saying RIM is discontinuing Mail Connector (which I've been using at work). I downloaded Desktop Manager and correctly* configured the Redirector yesterday according to directions here (had to remove link) and here (had to remove link - pasted directions below) and I'm getting hundreds of the "This message is used to carry data" messages - or just one or two. They'll stay in Outlook for a while and also get forwarded to my phone then most of them will disappear.

Another thing is - on my phone, my email was previously going into the correct several personal and one work...folders? Mail slots? And all the mail was going into the Messages...folder but now everything from work is staying in messages despite me deleting it on handheld from the work message folder. The network messages are removed from this folder.

Thanks in advance!

*chose "Desktop Redirector" in these directions:

Procedure

To change the BlackBerry Desktop Software email integration from BlackBerry Internet Service to BlackBerry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry® Desktop Redirector, perform the following steps:
    1. On the computer, open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
    2. From the list of installed programs, select BlackBerry Desktop Software.
    3. Click Change/Remove.
    4. When InstallShield Wizard appears, click Next.
    5. Select the Modify option and click Next.
    6. Click Next.
    7. In the Integration options, select BlackBerry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry Desktop Redirector and click Next.
    8. Select Microsoft Exchange and click Next.
    9. Select Redirect Messages using the BlackBerry Enterprise Server or Redirect Messages using the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector and click Next.
    10. Select either Start desktop manager automatically or Create a shortcut for the desktop manager and click Next.
    11. Click Install. The BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed.