hey IT pros my IT policy wont allow me to download any third party programs ... Server Admins forum

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4

themes and IT?

Advertisement

hey IT pros

my IT policy wont allow me to download any third party programs and/or themes...

1) is there a way around this without removing the IT policy? or at least for the themes?

2) if i install a theme thru JL cmdr would it work or am i wasting time even trying that? (i know installing thru the BB Desktop program it doesn't work)

thanks

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: themes and IT?

1) There is no way to remove IT Policy and remain connected to your BES.

2) You can not install through JL_Cmdr. The JAD/ALX files define relationships between the app and the files required for the APP that the OS needs. I tried using a very simple program (Klondike), and although the icon appeared and the program worked, my BlackBerry would lock up and/or reboot randomly. Once I deleted the file and reinstalled using the JAD, it worked fine.

Have you tried installing through Desktop Manager?

One last thing. Tinkering with IT Security is a terminable offense in many organizations.
    JerryD

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: themes and IT?

thanks JerryD for the reply

i really dont need to tinker with the policy.... i have a .cod file and i jst want to install it to my BB... thats all.

thanks