I apologize, if this question has been discussed before; I couldn't find any link that ... Server Admins forum

otto no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32AE76CE

Themes and copyrights...

Advertisement

I apologize, if this question has been discussed before; I couldn't find any link that would discuss this. Anyway...

Are there any issues with possible copyright violation as far as the content of some of these themes go? The content's source such as icons, logos, images, etc, is not disclosed in most of these themes, much less copyright notes attached; then there's the issue of the creator's rights of the themes.

On the individual basis it is, well, the choice of the individual. On the other hand this could be a problem for the BBs owned by corporations. What is the general consensus of administrators for the BB Enterprise systems on this subject?
    TIA...

Otto

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Themes and copyrights...

Most BES admins in the loop, disable the installing of themes other than the default on the device.

otto no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32AE76CE

Thanks Hydn...

Otto

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

...that's a good point/question, that Otto has raised. We here at our company allow anything; i.e. no 'real' IT policy running. Now you may ask why, mainly because it's only 20 accounts. And, more importantly, besides the 1 person in IT that has a BB (me), they have no clue how to install jack! Some off them hardly know how to open their email properly on a BB...

Sad, I know...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

From communications with other theme builders, I would say that most of the Icons used in the custom (Read Home Made) Themes are either highly photoshopped by the theme creator to fit in the PTB without having solid back grounds, are/have been created for sharing by another theme builder or are just the ones provided by Plazmic in PTB. As to the wallpapers, that may be a different story, but I for one won't use anything copyrighted unless it allows personal, non commercial use. But then again, I don't build themes for general distribution, mine are for personal use or for a particullar individual or group and then they are provided without charge for personal use, with no redistribution.

Just my reaction to this.
    Rcbjr.