I've been tasked with trying to solve this problem: We have a remote user that ... Server Admins forum

rangertim no está en línea Stack level 1

Synchronizing Exhange calendar with PST calendar

Advertisement

I've been tasked with trying to solve this problem:
    • We have a remote user that uses a Blackberry device (Pearl) that is connected to our corporate BES server.
    • This user does NOT have VPN access to connect his Outlook/Blackberry Desktop manager to our corporate Exchange server.
    • This user has an administrative assistant that is a delegate of his Exchange calendar (wirelessly updating the Blackberry).
    • This user would like to synchronize his Blackberry calendar to his local PST (Blackberry Desktop manager does not allow this without a connection to Exchange).
    Is this even possible? Any third-party software? I've looked at Add2Outlook but it doesn't look too promising. I have also seen some program that synchronizes the Blackberry with Google calendar.. has anyone tried this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by rangertim; 06-06-2007 at 09:49 PM. Reason: HTML tags were in the post

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Synchronizing Exhange calendar with PST calendar

If i understand correctly....

If Outlook is installed the user should be able to use desktop manager to sync calender to Outlook.

Then from outlook use the import/export feature and export to a PST file...

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

I am not sure that it is possible.

I guess this might explain it better...

The Blackberry is using Wireless Sync for the calendar but at the same time, I need the calendar to also update the calendar in Outlook (that is not connected to Exchange). The Blackberry needs to basically synchronize with two separate calendars...

Beginning to lose hope that this is possible.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

I do not think it is possible as you are using BES on the device.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Is it not posible to temporarily turn off wireless sync for calendar, conect and export or sync the BB Calendar as desired to the desktop outlook with desktop manager, then restart wireless sync?

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

I tried temporarily disabling Wireless Sync from the BB but this does not force it to synchronize to Outlook. When I change the setting from Desktop Manager (from a computer connected to Exchange), it would work but unfortunately this is not an option. If I change the setting from Desktop Manager (from the remote laptop w/o connection to Exchange), the Blackberry gets confused and needs to have Enterprise Activation run on it again.

Trying some third party stuff (CompanionLink) now.

Thanks for all of your help so far!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I thought there was an option to turn off wireless sync in the handheld Calendar options but I guess I am wrong. Don't use BES so really just repeating what I thought I saw.

Sorry,
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Wireless Sync of the Calendar is only available through the BES.
    The BES only allows one PIN to be associated to one Mailbox.
    The Calendar can only Wirelessly Sync to the calendar associated to the Mailbox the PIN is associated to.

Given those rules, I don't think you can do what you're trying to do. But I'm confused. Where does the PST come in? The User's ADMIN is wirelessly syncing to the User's Calendar, and the USER is syncing WIRED to Outlook?

As I said, I'm not sure what they have or want to do! (forget about what they have set up now)
    JerryD

I've finally found a solution that works...sorta.

I installed CalendarShare (saraiya.com) on the Blackberry with synchronizes the BB calendar with a Google Calendar. I then installed SyncMyCal Pro (syncmycal.com) on the laptop. This second app synchronizes the Google Calendar with Outlook. Using Google calendar as an intermediary, I have now been able to synchronize the Blackberry with Outlook (that can not access Exchange). Not sure if this has ever been a requirement for any other BES admins.