Hi All : For our company user , i install the Outlook 2003 (RPC Over ... Server Admins forum

colorlight no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2045D583

Thumbs down Synchronize between blackberry device and outlook 2003

Advertisement

Hi All :

For our company user , i install the Outlook 2003 (RPC Over HTTP) for them , and our blackberry server is for Exchange 2003

Now , some guy , if they have readed some mails on the Outlook 2003 , so , these mail should be readed , for the synchronize between the exchange 2003 and the blackberry device , if a mail been read by outlook 2003 , so in the blackberry device this mail should be also been read

So ,my question is the guy read the mail by outlook 2003 , but it display unread in blackberry device , may be it is caused by synchronize

Anybody can help me ?

wizkid1981 no está en línea BES Guru

Re: Synchronize between blackberry device and outlook 2003

First, make sure the user has Wireless Synchronization turned on, on the blackberry Inbox/Options/Email Reconciliation/Wireless Synchronization

Make sure he does not have Cached Exchange Mode turned on, on his Outlook client (somewhere in Mail settings)

Last, does this issue only occur for the 1 user? Does email reconciliation work for everyone else? And is it just this user's inbox or is calendar items doing the same?

PIN/ID
    2045D583

Smile Re: Synchronize between blackberry device and outlook 2003

Hi Wizkid1981 :

I am sure not turn on the "cache exchange mode" ,and in the blackberry device , i checked the setting , synchronize mail is true ! But still can not !
    I have checked some information on blackberry website , and some information below :
    *.user are enabled for synchronizing personal folders, their folders on desktop are synchronized wirelessly to the handheld
    *.Note: personal foleder in Microsoft Exchange are not synchronized wirelessly .These folders must be synchronize throught a serial connection to be kept current on the handheld

For the upon information ,i have some confused , may be blackberry need synchronize the exchange personal folders ? If relly , how to synchronize to personal folder ?
    At my company , it is not one user can not ,all the user can not synchronize between outlook 2003 and blackberry devices
    Any ideas for me ?
    Thanks

What is your version of BES?
    What is your versions of cdo.dll & mapi32.dll on the BES?
    What is your version of cdo.dll and mapi32.dll on your Exchange Server?
    When you go into your Windows Services and look at your blackberry services, what account are they logging on with?

PIN/ID
    2045D583

sorry
    my BES version is 4.1; My cdo.dll version is 6.5.7638.2;My Mapi32.dll version is 6.5.7638.1, it is for both(exchagne and BES)
    i don't know what does mean for "what account are they logging on with" ?
    Any idea ?

PIN/ID
    2045D583

Hi all :
    For "Email Reconciliation" have been turn to "ON" , but the problem always goes on
    Any ideas for me ?

I would suggest you follow this article from RIM to ensure you have a proper blackberry administration account setup to run the BES. (KB04293)