Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

great thanks, cause thats the only thing im hoping on. Otherwise i dont know why ... Server Admins forum

kayman no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: synchronize all outlook message folders possible?

Advertisement

great thanks, cause thats the only thing im hoping on. Otherwise i dont know why my BES wont sync the email if its been moved from the inbox via outlook. I await your reply.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

If the BB can see other folders under the inbox, it should be able to see the email move. It may take a bit but you can force a reconcile and make the emails move. But again this only works for folders the BB can see.

Inbox
    >>Folder 1
    >>Folder 2
    >>Folder 3

I thought I saw a setting somewhere about this. I know you can select folders in the BES colsole, but I don't have any other folders selected.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks DCooksta ... still having no luck .. its a bit messy above so ill re-ask the question and hopefully someone has a answer ... client getting a bit poopy now. He lost his phone (pearl) and got a replacement and ive activated it etc but the problem is still there.

Basically the client has folders under his inbox such as this
    > INBOX
    >> Folder1
    >> Folder2
    >>>Folder3
    >>Folder4

Emails go into the inbox in the outlook client and get sent to the blackberry fine, he then moves the email using outlook from the inbox to another folder but the change doesn’t replicate on the blackberry device… which means he has 100’s of emails in the blackberry inbox and hardly any in the outlook client as they have all been organised into folders.

I have tried ticking the option on BES for the user to push all the folers under his inbox but still doesnt work

he can see all the folders if he goes to VIEW FOLDER on the BB but the emails dont move when the change is made in outlook, also hitting the reconcile now doesnt make a difference. I'm thinking of deleting him from the BES server and re-adding but dont know if that will do much.

Please Please someone help!
    Last edited by kayman; 03-21-2007 at 02:41 AM.

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7

Try this test - move a new message into a folder without touching it on the Blackberry. You should see it moved into the folder on the Blackberry. It won't leave the BB inbox unless you have set "Hide Filed Messages = Yes"

I suspect that the user has removed the messages from the BB. Once that is done nothing you do in Outlook is going to get them back on the BB even if everything is working properly. It is how it is designed.
    PIN: 303150C7

Alright ... I’ll give it a go, the user is fairly computer literate but I think I’ll just go in and do it myself just in case. Thanks for the tips, I’ll try it and report back.

FrankNL no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: synchronize all outlook message folders possible?

I think the answer is here. At least part of it. My messages appear in the subfolders, but also in the inbox. Two copies... sigh....

OK, I gess I am not allowed to post links, so here is a description: Go to blackberrycool dot com/2005/08/18/00769/

I actually resolved my problem thanks to junglism & ekimmer (THANK YOU) it had to do with the hide filed messages setting, try that on yours perhaps?

MY
    MY no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello All

My problem seems to be a variation of this. All settings setup as mentioned abovel, I am on the BES and folder redirection setup up to 5 out of the 10 subfolders. THe problem is that it seems to synch up with all the subfolders and not just the selected ones. As a result emails moved to folders that are not checked in the sub folder list continue to show on the BB as a filed message and I can go to View Folders aand see the contents of all the subfolders.

I should see the contents of the checked folders only shouldnt I? And messages moved to other folders should be deleted from the device?

Any idea why this isnt so --

THanks you

Daveup2bat no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a blackberry 8700g / T-mobile

I have subfolders set up in Outlook
    Inbox
    Folder 1
    Folder 2
    Folder 3 etc

When I receive email to my Inbox I receive it on my BB no problem, but if I have a rule which sends the email to Folder 1, 2 or 3 in outlook it does not show up on my BB. Is there a fix or solution that will allow me to see those unread emails?

as described above try play with the Hide Filed messages option, worked for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12