Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi Again, I tried searching but couldnt find an answer.... Running BES 4.1 for Exchange ... Server Admins forum

kayman no está en línea Stack level 2

synchronize all outlook message folders possible?

Advertisement

Hi Again,

I tried searching but couldnt find an answer....

Running BES 4.1 for Exchange with Pearls and I have a client that has multiple folders under outlook whith emails inside he would like to access.
    i.e
    >Inbox
    >>Folder one
    >>>Folder two
    >>Folder three

etc. the client sees all the folders on their BB Pearl but no emails in there, If the client organises the data on their outlook client in the folders should it not replicate and show it on the BB Pearl? or vice versa if he organises emails on the Pearl should it follow thru on the Outlook Client?

Basically is it possible to see emails in folders other then just the inbox?

Thanks again,
    K

bbtec no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D76E42

Re: synchronize all outlook message folders possible?

Not via the the desktop. If the mail rule that moves the files ois on the exchange then that email will not be received. If you change the rule to the desktop the user will see all of the mail in his inbox. I think that RIM is working on this but hasn't got it nailed down yet~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by bbtec
    Not via the the desktop. If the mail rule that moves the files ois on the exchange then that email will not be received. If you change the rule to the desktop the user will see all of the mail in his inbox. I think that RIM is working on this but hasn't got it nailed down yet~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for the reply... let me get this right so from what your saying say a user is working on his outlook desktop and gets a email then moves it to folder 1 the BB will get the email in the inbox but wont notice it has been moved correct?... hmm wonder what would happen if he then deleted it from the BB device would it delete the email from folder 1 on the destkop ?

Fablondon no está en línea Stack level 1

Up, I am waiting for the answer as well ^^

ccristi no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e5b437

I am experiencing the same issue with one of our users. Where he has setup rules in his outlook. For example if Jane sends him an e-mail it does not go to his inbox it goes to a folder that he created named JANE. The same for John, Mary and Joe. On the 8700 he sees the folder but no e-mails.

PIN/ID
    23D76E42

Yes exactly its a great way to reduce the number of emails on your device. Once you move the msg on the desktop it is no longer synced with the device. You can delete on the device and it will stay in the outlook folder just fine. I personally use a desktop side .pst folder to keep stuff cause my email box is serverly limited on the server side. And I have 10 accounts to the bb so I need to keep it cleaned out to. The pst folder is my archive for everything important. Does that answer all the questions if not please PM me I usually don't keep track of my posts~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

well i was actually trying to find out if there is any way to view the emails in the OTHER folders on a BB device instead of just emails in the inbox?

PIN/ID
    23D76E42

Not currently no future maybe. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

junglism no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi All,
    first post so i hope im on-topic, and that i'm not just repeating what you guys already know.

I'm using BES 3.6 with Exchange Server. My most recent addition to the server is using a Pearl. I've played around with the unit and can actually get his inbox sub-folders to synchronize - through wireless reconciliation only.

The only restriction is that it will only synchronize messages that the user has received before the date you connected it to the BES.

It also appears that the BB can synchronize and update inbox subfolders that receive messages that have been redirected via rules (desktop not server-based) as long as the "hide filed messages" setting is set to "no" on the BB.

so @kayman, wrt your post from 4 weeks ago, if in outlook my user moves the email from inbox to folder1 using outlook, then (after reconciling) on the BB the email is automatically moved from the inbox and appears in folder1, as required.
    i.e. i think you can view emails in the other folders on a BB.

Hi, I've tested this with the client .. i.e he recieves it in outlook and the BB he then moves the email in outlook to another folder but the BB doesnt see this change even after hitting reconcile, if the user deletes the email off the BB device the email will actually delete from the outlook folder as well (even tho its been moved form the inbox)

Is there any where for the BB device to notice moves etc? this user likes keeping his inbox empty and filing all his emails which is good practice but his BB device is full of 1000's of emails now as they dont notice the move and stay on the device.

any help would be fantastic please guys.

anyone on my last comment above?

rkwak no está en línea Stack level 1

The only comment I have is that I have the same problem and it looks like the folders don't show period.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

On our BES, I can see multiple folders under my inbox when I "view folders"from my BB. I can move a message from inbox to any child folder and after a reconcile, poof the message moves itself on the BB. I can do this from the BB or Outlook. When I file messages, they will go to their respective folders in Outlook as well. I can't move from inbox to a personal folder (PST) and have the BB see that though.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey DCookSta, on your BES server have you enabled wireless sync of other folders or do you only sync the inbox?

Seems to me when my client moves a email from inbox to another folder on in outlook the change doesnt show on the BB and if he deletes that email from the BB it deletes it from the outlook folder as well :S

Perhaps i need to enable syncing of other folders?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I'm pretty sure I've got it set to sync only inbox. I'll check it and make sure.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast