I run ms outlook 2003 sp3 with all updates and have BES service with exchangemymail. ... Server Admins forum

twj332 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    whoknows

Question synchronization error with outlook 2003 and server

Advertisement

I run ms outlook 2003 sp3 with all updates and have BES service with exchangemymail. I continue to get this error below and the link is useless.
    exchangemymail thinks its a corrupt .ost file thus we delete and rebuild only to have the errors occur again. Can anyone direct me to some solution here???

21:33:22 Synchronizer Version 11.0.8200
    21:33:22 Synchronizing Mailbox 'xxxxxx xxxxxx'
    21:33:22 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Inbox'
    21:47:33 Error synchronizing folder
    21:47:33 [80004005-501-4B9-421]
    21:47:33 The client operation failed.
    21:47:33 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
    21:47:33 For more information on this failure, click the URL below:
    21:47:33 http://www.microsoft.com/support/pro...05-501-4b9-421
    21:47:33 Done
    PBr4.1.0 rel518 PL2.2.0.171 A4.1.0.373 on Tbaytel network with fast 100

jterribili no está en línea Stack level 1
    more than likely, there is a corrupt item somewhere in your OST. if you haven't already, you could try the scanost.exe tool located here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033

if that does not repair the OST, then you will need to figure out which folder contains the corrupt item (use the scanost tool and the offending folder will come back with an error whereas the others will scan successfully) and then once you locate the folder, you will need to find the offending item(s) in the folder by trying to open each one. The offending item should not be able to be opened and will give you an error. The easiest way to do this might be to use the preview pane rather than opening each and every item. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by jterribili; 07-16-2008 at 05:58 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

PIN/ID
    whoknows

Thanks for suggestion Jterribili

Great tool thanks.. it found 3 errors ... fixed two on its own but now I have one left refered to as subject "Hidden Message" trouble is I can not find on server. Are some files hidden literally?

Log looks like this:
    18:45:08 Performing integrity detection scan.
    18:45:08 Scanning folder Inbox.
    18:45:08 The message with the subject 'Hidden Message' in your mailbox on the Microsoft Exchange Server does not match the message in the offline folder file.
    18:45:08 Done
    18:45:08 Performing phase 1 synchronization.
    18:45:08 Synchronizer Version 11.0.8200
    18:45:08 Synchronizing Mailbox 'xxxxx xxxxxx'
    18:45:08 Done
    18:45:08 Scanning for problems in phase 1 synchronization.
    18:45:09 Scanning folder Inbox.
    18:45:09 The message with the subject 'Hidden Message' in your mailbox on the Microsoft Exchange Server does not match the message in the offline folder file.
    18:45:09 Done
    18:45:09 Performing phase 2 synchronization.
    18:45:09 Synchronizer Version 11.0.8200
    18:45:09 Synchronizing Mailbox 'xxxxx xxxxxx'
    18:45:09 Done
    18:45:09 Scanning for problems in phase 2 synchronization.
    18:45:09 If problems are found in this scan, they must be fixed manually.
    18:45:10 Scanning folder Inbox.
    18:45:10 The message with the subject 'Hidden Message' in your mailbox on the Microsoft Exchange Server does not match the message in the offline folder file.
    18:45:10 Done

I have searched and opened everything on server (OWA) and no such msg.. any suggestions?
    I have also referred the log to support with my BES IT department.
    Removed all msgs from Inbox and reran scan and same log as above with referance to message with subject 'Hidden Message"
    ??
    Last edited by twj332; 07-16-2008 at 07:56 PM. Reason: update

ok...you are probably setup to use Outlook Cached Mode. Follow the instructions in the link below to turn off cached mode for Outlook. Then once you restart Outlook, try to find that message that specific subject line. once you find and delete it, turn cached mode back on following the instructions in the same link below. Open outlook, wait for 5 minutes to let your folders resync with the Exchange server, then close outlook. Run the scanost.exe tool again and see if the errors are fixed.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...223431033.aspx

ok, never mind that - i just reread your post and you searched with OWA. Not sure what to tell you if you did not find it. But, you may just want to try renaming or deleting you OST file and then launching Outlook again and having it recreate - doing that may clear up the error - it also might not OST file location:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\local settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\something.ost

knottyrope no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask
    sounds like you need mfcmapi to look beyond outlook.

Warning you can screw up things fast if you dont know what you are doing.

PIN/ID
    whoknows
    UPDATE

We have deleted the .ost and rebuilt several times now and still get the same errors. I have ran scanost.exe see attached log/ no errors.
    I have deleted and repaired Emsabp32.dll Emsmdb32.dll Emsui32.dll Emsuix32.dll as well with no success.

The whole issue starts when my system try's to connect and then the dialogue box opens and just sits there until I get the error or cancel the request. The only thing different from m previous service provider was the rules I created and then deleted them all.

As previous scanost logs indicated errors with hidden messages in inbox I did this. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924297

Use MFCMapi to remove all rules that are applied to the mailbox. To do this, follow these steps:
    a. Open the folder to which you extracted MFCMapi, double-click mfcmapi, and then click OK.
    b. On the Session menu, click Logon and Display Store Table.
    c. If you are prompted to select a profile, click the profile name in the Profile Name list, and then click OK.
    d. Double-click the mailbox that contains the inbox rules that you want to delete.
    e. Expand Root Container, and then expand Top of information Store.
    [/FONT]
    Note Outlook should be in Online mode to use MFCMAPI. If you see IPM_SUBTREE instead of Top of information Store, Outlook Cache mode is enabled. Disable Outlook Cache mode before you use MFCMapi.
    f. Right-click Inbox, and then click Open Associated Contents Table.

The Open Associated Contents Table contains the hidden messages of the Inbox.
    g. In the Inbox window, locate and then click the items that have the IPM.Rule.Message message class, and then click Delete.
    h. Select Permanent delete passing DELETE_HARD_DELETE (unrecoverable) in the drop-down list, and then click OK.

I had three (3) and deleted. Restated outlook in cached mode and then did a repair of office.

THIS DID NOT RESOLVE THE ISSUE>

OF late we ran outlook not in cached mode and over night on a connection to server it hung and I had to kill the task.
    Last edited by twj332; 07-29-2008 at 07:13 AM.

lindabrilance no está en línea Stack level 1

way to recover your offline mails

a
    Last edited by lindabrilance; 08-03-2012 at 07:05 PM.

lindabrilance no está en línea Stack level 1

way to recover your offline mails

Hello there,
    Synchronization sometime can create problems but there are ways to secure, ways could be their which give riser to Outlook. when wants to convert the offline data to online then you need to use third party tool and if creates some problem than you need to fix OST on outlook 2003, and the tool you need have to download from internet.

Regards
    Linda