For complicated reasons, I'm trying to seperate my personal and work calendar entries, contacts, tasks, ... Server Admins forum

mwlahn no está en línea Stack level 1

Arrow Synching Calendar SubFolders in Outlook/BES

Advertisement

For complicated reasons, I'm trying to seperate my personal and work calendar entries, contacts, tasks, and notes AND THEN get them all to sync to my 8830 using BES. I've managed to get this to work beautifully for Contacts, Tasks and Notes, but Calendars don't seem to be working the same way.

What I've setup in Outlook is the following structure...

Mailbox
    ...Contacts
    .........Contacts Personal
    ...Notes
    .........Notes Personal
    ...Tasks
    .........Tasks Personal
    ...Inbox
    ...Calendar
    .........Calendar Personal
    ...Saved Items
    .........Folder1
    .........Folder2
    ...Deleted Items

Basically I've made the personal stuff a subfolder of the work ones. When BES syncs the Contacts for instance, it sync's BOTH the "Contacts" and the "Contacts Personal" folder into my 8830. It does the same for "Tasks" and "Tasks Personal", as well as the Notes. This is EXACTLY what I want to happen with the Calendar entries, but for some reason it won't work!?!?!?

Does anyone know why? Is there some setting in Outlook/Exchange that I'm missing? Some setting in BES that our Administrator is missing? Some other way?

Thanks in advance!!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Synching Calendar SubFolders in Outlook/BES

The calendar sync is completely different from the Notes/Tasks/Address Book sync which is different from Messages Reconciliation. As you've found, you can't sync more than one calendar wirelessly. If you want to do a manual sync, you can sync to as many calendar folders as you want.
    JerryD

mwlahn no está en línea Stack level 1

:cry: Well that's not the answer I was hoping for, but thanks.

My overall problem is that I used to sync my calendar between the office and home with a third party software tool called OSAsync. It's a great product and worked beautifully for what I wanted. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) our office switched to BES and unfortunately the interaction between BES/Exchange and OSASync was causing very weird and sporadic behaviour. The OSASync folks didn't have any experience with BES so couldn't quickly help me (although they were willing to try), however they made the suggestion that I keep my personal info seperate from my work info by setting up a seperate PST file and only us OSAsync for the personal stuff thereby keeping OSAsync away from BES. My problem was, that I really wanted my BB to have both sets of data. It sounded like a great plan to me and was working just beautifully for Contacts, Tasks and Notes, but Calendars just don't want to behave the same.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm more than open to it!!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Still the same answer I gave in the first place.
    JerryD

a053131 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am brand new to Blackberry, just put the software on my desktop yesterday. I am trying to do the same thing as mwlahn, I have my outlook set up the same as you mention with my work calendar and then personal in a subfolder, same with contacts. My difference is that I do not have the Blackberry internet service, I am connecting and doing a sync. When I did the sync, the only calendar & contacts I can see are the work ones, the personal ones are not showing up, unless I am not looking in the right place. From Jdellasala's post above, it sounds like this is possible. Do I need to add another icon for the calendar & contacts? Thank you in advance for your help! Sue