We have BES in an Exchange environment. Our users are primarily syncing wirelessly exclusively. Is ... Server Admins forum

silvrwood no está en línea Stack level 1

Sync pst files

Advertisement

We have BES in an Exchange environment. Our users are primarily syncing wirelessly exclusively. Is there a way to sync a pst file as well? We add a pst file saved in the user's home folder to each user's Outlook config to which the user is directed to archive messages.

8703e

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Sync pst files

you might get more responses if you post this in the BES forum. i don't know about BES so i can't help sorry.

Thanks. I hadn't realized it might be configured from the BES rather than the handheld.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

It may not be that it's configured from BES, but it is using BES and not strictly related to the 8700 handheld. It's now in the BES Forum. As to reconciliation with a pst file, It is not possible that I know of, unless it can be done with redirector from the users desktop. I'm not a BES expert so I'm just repeating what I've read and may be wrong.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Nope. BES can't do anything with a PST. PST's are local to the PC and basically not accessible to the BES. If you move items into a PST they won't sync/reconcile, for example, because they effectively disappeared as far as the BES is concerned.

Thanks. I told the querying user that it was probably not a possibility, double checked the dt sw just to be sure, and then asked you experts.