Hi, i'm having trouble syncing my lotus notes personal contacts to my 8100. When first ... Server Admins forum

emn22c no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Sync-ing Lotus Notes contacts with BB

Advertisement

Hi, i'm having trouble syncing my lotus notes personal contacts to my 8100. When first associated the BB to the BES, the contacts didn't come across...I had to load the desktop manager, and then they came across from my PC instead of the server...If i update my Notes contacts, they dont sync to the BB via desktop manager or BES... Any clues ??

Emn22c
    Echo-Mike-November-Twenty-Two-Charlie

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

Re: Sync-ing Lotus Notes contacts with BB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what version of BES are you on? There are issues with 4.0 that don't automatically populate the Server name and path under Wireless PIM sync in the Blackberry Manager.

So fixing this would require the BES Admin to manually populate the info.

Also, go into the Address Book » Options on the BB. If Wireless Sync option is present, then above suggestion should already be done. Make sure Wireless sync Is set to Yes.

If Wireless Sync option is not a listed feature, then above suggesstion may be the problem.

Good Luck.

CMC Markets no está en línea Stack level 1

Also make sure in the Blackberry Manager when setting the PIM Syc, that under the Address Book, Synchronization enabled is set to the value of of Tru and that Enabled on Handheld is set to the value of True as well.

vpatui no está en línea Stack level 1

By default, the BES only has access to the users mail box. Normally the address book (NAB) is a different file kept on the client. Lotus needs to import the addresses into the mail file or you need to have the users NAB on the server and specify it in the BES server.

The easiset thing to do is from the Notes client go to Actions->Synchronize Address book. This reads the local NAB into the mail file which the BB server has access too. If you're familiar with iNotes, it's the same. Your user will need to do this from time to time to synchronize the contacts with the local NAB.

You could replicate a copy of the NAB to the server and specify it in the BES. That way it would be totally transparent to the user, except he'd have one more background replication.

Hope this helps.

cobl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2053DFB2

This is the way we do it replicate the NAB to server then point BES at the server NAB works a treat

davebar no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi there,

I'm trying to figure out why on the BES Manager, on the user properties, under PIM Sync,
    why the Address Book is set to False and greyed out.

According to the user, the wireless sync is set to on in the Address Book.

Any suggestions? Been wasting time on something thats seems like an easy fix.

Thanks,
    -David

jason1114 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by davebar
    Hi there,

I'm trying to figure out why on the BES Manager, on the user properties, under PIM Sync,
    why the Address Book is set to False and greyed out.

According to the user, the wireless sync is set to on in the Address Book.

Any suggestions? Been wasting time on something thats seems like an easy fix.

Thanks,
    -David

Try to add the server name in the CN=commonname/OU=/O= and then the file name of where the cotacts are either the mail file is they are synced or to a SERVER copy of the PNAB that is then set up to replicate the address book to complete the cycle from BB to Notes PNAB