I am currently using 8830 from sprint and on BIS. I will be using exhangemymail.com ... Server Admins forum

cmpfau no está en línea Stack level 2

Switching from BIS to BES

Advertisement

I am currently using 8830 from sprint and on BIS. I will be using exhangemymail.com as a hosted BES. Do I need to do anything else before I go with them. Do I need to delete my email from BIS or do anything to my 8830 before I go ahead and purchase there exchange service?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Switching from BIS to BES

You dont have to do anything special, they work together, or seperate, so since you are deciding to use BES, simply stop using BIS.

Does that make any sense?

twillingham no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C83A8

Like he said they work together you can use both for me iam one f those you use BES for work but also have my personal email using BIS~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You'll want to delete your email account from BIS unless you want duplicates... No need to actually delete the BIS account as you may want it for other email accounts in the future.

ok great, just wanted to make sure I did not have to do anything to my phone or set up anything on that end. I apreciate everyone's help.

jrok14 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3179870B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~how much is it a month to use them? Also do they back up calendar/contacts all automatically?

It is $10 a month to host exchange and $10 for the blackberry service. Right now everything worked great, it copied all my outlook to their outlook and got a free upgrade in outlook.

I have set up BES on my phone with their info and it says activated, but nothing on my phone has shown up. Is there anything else I need to do, or does this take some time to register on my phone?

One more thing, I set up desktop manager for BIS. Do I need to change that now that I am using BES?

Ok, it has been 2 hours since my BB says my BES is activated and I see no icon for my email or syncing to my outlook exchange. What should I do? I am new to this and not sure if I missed a step.

I have 8830 on sprint, I set it up two weeks ago with BIS and desktop that way. Do I need to call sprint about using BES? I did not see anything on their web site about this. Any help would be much appricaiated.

One more thing, I received an email from myexchange BES to my outlook. It went to the junk folder, I clicked on "not junk" and then read it. It says do not move it, delete it and is used in syncing. Did this cause the problem since I moved it from junk to inbox? Please someone help.