Hi, Is there an easy way to swap a users blackberry without deleteing the account ... Server Admins forum

menuch no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Swapping a user's blackberry

Advertisement

Hi,

Is there an easy way to swap a users blackberry without deleteing the account on the BES server?

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sure, I have lots of users at my job that replaced their BB and all it took was syncing their old BB and then syncing their new one. It went through the key creation process and network activation.

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i simply set an activation pw and activate the new Berry. As long as they aren't looking for saved messages (or their whole message list) to transfer over that's all it takes.

PIN/ID
    303150C7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I shold qualify my previous reply by saying this is a 4.x BES with wireless activation.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

On the user end, with a BES 4.1, I have changed my device several times without ever needing to contact BES admin.

I just plug in the BlackBerry to the computer with my Outlook and Desktop Manager, and a pop-up appears asking me if I want to switch devices and activate. I click "yes", and the OTA activation begins. Doesn't take more than 30 minutes usually. But if possible, it's best to clear out the folders which sync with the BlackBerry as to make the OTA activation go faster.

cjvail13 Guest

PIN/ID
    303150C7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis

On the user end, with a BES 4.1, I have changed my device several times without ever needing to contact BES admin...
    You are certainly correct. It appeared to me that the question was coming from the admin end. Of course that would work just as well for the admin. My goal is always to avoid having the user bring the Berry to me
    PIN: 303150C7