This is an odd one - I let my server restart overnight - to discover ... Server Admins forum

lieb39 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Sudden stop of Email delivery..

Advertisement

This is an odd one -

I let my server restart overnight - to discover I had no new emails on my BB the next morning. Took a look at my mailbox on my machine - new messages. I tried a PIN test from the BES Manger - no issues - received it. However, emails can't be received on the Blackberry - or sent.

Not sure what the issue could be.. I tried to restart again, and nothing.

The only thing that happened recently was I installed BlackBerry® Web Desktop Manager - but removed it after not being able to figure it out.

I'm running BES 4.1.4.16 - On a Exchange 2003 server. Been running this setup for about 10 months without any hiccups.

I've tried the SRP test - no issues.

Anyone?

Thanks,

lieb39
    Anyone who is familiar and willing to discuss/help me with BES, add me to your BB Messenger! Cheers :)

amazonka no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi,

This maybe an obvious question...but are you the only user on that server who's experiencing mail delivery problems? If you are, then simply hard booting your device may do or check to see if wireless is enabled, etc. If others are having the same issues then the problem lies within BES server itself in which case you need to check the server logs for errors.

If you can post additional info we'll make sure to help you
    ~Amazonka~

PIN/ID
    Found the issue - but no solution. This is what is showing up in the event log:

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: BlackBerry Controller
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 20406
    Date: 4/11/2008
    Time: 9:16:06 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: 2003SERVER
    Description:
    The description for Event ID ( 20406 ) in Source ( BlackBerry Controller ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: '2003SERVER' agent 1: will not restart - reached the maximum of 10 restarts per 24 hours.

Tried to re-install Sp4 - and didn't fix it. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
    Daniel.
    Anyone who is familiar and willing to discuss/help me with BES, add me to your BB Messenger! Cheers :)

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Are you the only user experiencing this issue?

Did you try resending service books to the device?
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

PIN/ID
    I am the only one on the BES server..
    Resending service books did nothing.

I feel this error is a big one..

Thanks,

Daniel.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Are you running your Exchange through Linux or through a true Microsoft Exchange Server?

Have you "STOPPED" your BES server, done a restart on your Exchange, start your BES again and see what happens?

One question is your error message - "10 restarts in a 24 hour period". Was that from you or was that the error log message prior to you doing anything with the server?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Ok try deleting the service books associated with desktop, then resend and wait 10 min. or look in the service book section to see them repopulate.

Delete

Desktop [BrowserConfig]
    Desktop [SYNC]
    and so on....

Also are you running the default IT policy, or a different custom version.
    it's always greener with the other carrier...