My company has a concern that if we fire a sales guy, he'll delete all ... Server Admins forum

kamic no está en línea Stack level 1

Stopping employee from deleting contacts

Advertisement

My company has a concern that if we fire a sales guy, he'll delete all the contacts and lose alot of sales. The server we have is exchange 2007 with blackberry professional manager.

Can I make a policy to block the deleting of anymore then 5 contacts per day?

Or

Can I remotely backup our salespeople's blackberry?

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    You can always take in that users device for a supposed upgrade maint. and then do a back up and restore and save an ipd file so you can mirror his device.

kamic no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm new to this stuff, any instructions on how to do that?

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Find out what the users device is and explain to him that your seeing if his device is applicable for the new O/S upgrade and it would make it run a lot more efficient. Of course go around and do it with people in the users dept to make it more realistic like sending and email out to everyone in his dept to make it look more official. Take his device and use device manager's backup and restore option to make an ipd file and that will basically mirror the users phone. I would then use an extra phone to reload all the information back into another device. I know its a little scandalous but you gotta do what you gotta do.

qc_metal no está en línea Developer
    You could come at it from an mail admin standpoint...

Just back up his Outlook Contact folders (if not already being done by your mail backup process - - it should be)...or you could simply hop in his mailbox as besadmin and make a copy...?

singk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2437547A
    Quote Originally Posted by kamic View Post
    My company has a concern that if we fire a sales guy, he'll delete all the contacts and lose alot of sales. The server we have is exchange 2007 with blackberry professional manager.

Can I make a policy to block the deleting of anymore then 5 contacts per day?

Or

Can I remotely backup our salespeople's blackberry?
    All contacts on Blackberry sync with Outlook contact, so the easy approach would just backup the employee contact list on the Exchange or mail server.

njected no está en línea Stack level 1
    Depending on how you are backing up Exchange, the contacts in the user's mailbox should be backed up as well.