This weekend one of the users on one of the BES Servers I manage had ... Server Admins forum

SubnetMask no está en línea Stack level 1

Stolen BB/BES Question

Advertisement

This weekend one of the users on one of the BES Servers I manage had her BB Stolen, and the last contact was Saturday Night. If I queue the Kill command on the BES Server for that PIN, will it remain queued until that Handheld tries to contact the BES Server even if I connect another BB to her account?

tburke no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Re: Stolen BB/BES Question

No-if I believe correctly, the lock and wipe command is associated with the PIN of the device, so it shouldn't do anything to the new BB. I could be wrong though, I'm not totally sure. Check with RIM to be sure.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

SubnetMask no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by tburke
    No-if I believe correctly, the lock and wipe command is associated with the PIN of the device, so it shouldn't do anything to the new BB. I could be wrong though, I'm not totally sure. Check with RIM to be sure.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Right... My question is will the command for the PIN of the stolen one remain in the server so if that handheld where to be turned on and contact the server, will it get the kill command even though I attached a new BB to the users account.

Edit: I had sent the kill command, and it seems like the new handheld got it when I went to activate it with the user's account. right after I generated the new encryption key, it reset to defaults.
    Last edited by SubnetMask; 06-04-2007 at 12:12 PM.

mrodaway no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203AB710

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thats crazy