Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am brand new to the forum, so in case this subject has already been ... Server Admins forum

GIJoeJarhead no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32CC9C41

Question Sprint and the BES

Advertisement

I am brand new to the forum, so in case this subject has already been posted, I apologize, I did not see any post for it, and I went back to the middle of last week.

I am the BES Admin at my company, and I am currently running about 335 Blackberries on the BES, SRP 4.0.6.7. About 70% of the Blackberries are Verizon, 25% are Sprint/Nextel, and about 5% are AT&T.
    I currently have about 4 Blackberries, all 8703e by Sprint that we cannot seem to get the Enterprise Activation to work. I have tried all the tricks I know and they are not working. We recently added two new Verizon 8830's to the BES and they worked, and I have not done anything different for these 8703e's than I did for those devices.

Is anyone else having any problems with Sprint devices on their BES, and does anyone know what the fix is?

Thanks much
    Joe

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: Sprint and the BES

is it just wireless activation not working, or is trying to activate it thru the desktop mgr not working either

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Welcome to the stacks.

On these 4 devices can you PIN to them and browse the web? The PIN test is what blackberry support does to check connectivity ot the blackberry network. If you can do them then I am stumped but, if not than the devices cann't connect to the blackberry network and that would be the problem. Do not know if you have already tried that.

PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Those 4 wireless accounts may not be provisioned correctly either

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Quote Originally Posted by cwakulik
    Those 4 wireless accounts may not be provisioned correctly either
    Yea, I know the feeling, I have 1 device that we had to change accounts on and so far we have been thru 1 replacement from Verizon and getting 1 more for the same problem. On the device what is the connection type? They keep saying it is a problem with the device and not the account.

1x - No Data Service
    1X - Data Service
    EVDO - Data Service

for me when Activation of the device I get 1X for about 30 secinds and then it goes 1x. So I cann't activate the device either.
    Last edited by MWPatterson; 08-23-2007 at 12:38 PM.

PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

I always seem to have better luck with activating the GSM devices over the CDMA devices

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Verizon / Sprint has better coverage in the area I live in, so I have service through Sprint. Cheaper and same serivce for the most part is you have no-roaming on your account.

PIN/ID
    32CC9C41

Sorry, a little late getting back to the forum . . .

One of the devices, the one I have spent the most time with, is able to hit the internet, but no PIN Message comes through on it.

We have re-provisioned the device, wiped it, taken the battery out, all the normal steps but nothing works. Sprint keeps telling me my BES must be messed up, but I am telling them I have over 300 other users who are working on my BES, and I have even rebooted the BES.

PIN/ID
    32CC9C41

As far as I know, the device works as a phone, and can download from the web, that doesn't seem to be the issue, but the Enterprise Activation will not work for some reason.

The device, at least the one in Orlando, has a good data plan on it, good charge, good signal, but will not make the connection.

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Since U can not get PIN Messages you will not be able to activate them. You have to call Blackberry Support @ 877-654-9111 Option 2. Tell them that you are unable to send and recieve PIN messages. This should point out to them that something is wrong with them. Since you cann't send or recieve them you have no connection to the BB network. They might have set them up on the Vision plan and no the Blackberry vision plan, 2 different plans.
    Last edited by MWPatterson; 08-23-2007 at 02:08 PM.

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Ouch rebooting BES, painfull. I hate it on VMWare ESX and it is only down for a minuite.

myet01 no está en línea Stack level 2

I am on Sprint and have been on my companies BES now since last November with no problems.

Tony

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Do you know anything else on it yet? Has Sprint been helpful at all? If not, and you have an active Blackberry support contract, call them they will try a few things and transfer you directly to someone @ Sprint that can help more. As RIM will try the PIN messages #1 and then since it don't work will transfer you to Sprint and that might help the cause.

PIN/ID
    32CC9C41

So far nothing new, really. Myself and our Systems Administrator have been going through the MAPI Settings on the BES and everything looks fine. We have checked SPAM Settings, and he told me we do not have any firewall settings that would prevent this from working.
    MOST importantly is that I have an extra Verizon BB 8703e, brand new in my cube, and we were able to add an account and activate the device on the BES just a few minutes ago, it worked just fine.

The only two options I see right now are to have the devices sent here so I have them in front of me and see if I can see anything quirky or not quite right, or . . . I call Blackberry Support back and hope I can get someone on the phone today!

ALl of your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated, I'll let you know what we find out.

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Cool, it sounds like there is a problem with the devices. Sprint will give you the runaround like Verizon is me. Oh well what can we do when they got us with the service. I would not go into the BES anymore as that is not the problem. I would keep on Sprint about the accounts, they are probably messed up or the devices are. Hopefully RIM will get them straight when you call them first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast