Hello everyone, When I initally got my BB it was setup for a BES account, ... Server Admins forum

lieb39 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

SP Account - BIS/BES or both?

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

When I initally got my BB it was setup for a BES account, which is why I had issues with it for the first few hours (not getting services books, emails) but than after rining up my service provider, finding this issue, they switched it to BIS and it was working again.

Question: if I want to use Blackberry express or a BES setup, do I need to change this setting with my service provider?

Cheers!
    Anyone who is familiar and willing to discuss/help me with BES, add me to your BB Messenger! Cheers :)

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Re: SP Account - BIS/BES or both?

Yes, there are diff plans that make the BES avail. Usually a little more expensive.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

skip00319 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d051c6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what is the diffrence between BES and BIS?

StarmanDX no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B010CC

BES servers are run by a corporation that provides e-mail through Exchange, Domino, or some other large corporate e-mail system.

BIS is run by your carrier.

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by williamlc21
    Yes, there are diff plans that make the BES avail. Usually a little more expensive.
    That I don't believe... I was on the same plan, no differences. Maybe in the U.S. you guys have different plans, but here in Australia I believe its the same plan, just a option.

Cheers
    Anyone who is familiar and willing to discuss/help me with BES, add me to your BB Messenger! Cheers :)

MykR0 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23dfc824

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~good question lieb39. I was wandering the same thing.

PIN/ID

So I am effectively asking this question - is it possible to have a BIS account on a BES unit, running alongside of each other?

Another question - if I were to take my sim card and put it into another BB, since the PIN number is changed, can I assign this BB to a BES, and switch back and have nothing changed?

Cheers

garycutri no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by lieb39
    So I am effectively asking this question - is it possible to have a BIS account on a BES unit, running alongside of each other?

Another question - if I were to take my sim card and put it into another BB, since the PIN number is changed, can I assign this BB to a BES, and switch back and have nothing changed?

Cheers
    I run my device on BES and with a BES account. When setting up the unit connect to the BES first, you may have to contact your Telco's BlackBerry support first to get the to reset your IMSI on the RIM relay so it point to BES correctly. Once on BES go to your Telco's BIS site and setup an account. You will have an option when sending to choose your BES or BIS account.