We split companies and 4 of my Blackberry users moved to a different domain and ... Server Admins forum

STL8700 no está en línea Stack level 2

Some of our BES users moving to new domain

Advertisement

We split companies and 4 of my Blackberry users moved to a different domain and exchange server. Is there any way to point these users blackberries to a separate exchange server, but still host them on our BES server? Also, their email address are staying the same.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Are not creating a new domain. If all you are doing is migrating the users to a new exchange server and keeping it a member of the existing domain, then this should go with out issues.

Is this a new domain or a subdomain of the existing?

If you are moving to a new domain then you will have to create trusts between them and set that up properly. It is definetly more work but, it can be done.
    Last edited by MWPatterson; 11-04-2008 at 11:36 AM.

Two separate domains, separate forests, separate exchange servers. The inner domain trusts have been setup. How do I specify within BES the new exchange server for the 4 handhelds. Also, will I have to setup a new BESadmin account on the new domain? Or can I use the existing account since I have the trusts working?

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Quote Originally Posted by STL8700 View Post
    Two separate domains, separate forests, separate exchange servers. The inner domain trusts have been setup. How do I specify within BES the new exchange server for the 4 handhelds. Also, will I have to setup a new BESadmin account on the new domain? Or can I use the existing account since I have the trusts working?
    You have to use the one that is on the BES server. When you have the user setup on the new domain make sure that you give the BESAdmin account on the old domain rights to the user on the new domain. Then you should be able ot add the user from the new domain in the bes server. Have not do that but, it should work. You might have to give the BASAdmin from the 1st domian rights on the new domain. I would also delete the new BESAdmin account as this might cause confusion.

Well I added the appropriate permissions for BESadmin on the new domain users accounts. I will re-add the users to BES, but how does BES pull all the exchange stuff from the other domains exchange server?

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    You will search by the AD user, since it can see both domains it should reference the other DC & exchange server for the account. Make sure that the accounbt does not exist on both domains as this might cause problems too.

Here's my problem. When I am in BES and I try and add a new user, there is no way to make it see the other exchange server or domain. It only pulls address from the global address list of the first exchange server. Still not sure if this can be done.

Since the two domains are in separate forests I think my only option is a second BES install.

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Quote Originally Posted by STL8700 View Post
    Since the two domains are in separate forests I think my only option is a second BES install.
    Do you have a TAC account? If so I would call them. You might be able to even get some support as you might have to get a 2nd server. There should be a way around it though.

Quote Originally Posted by MWPatterson View Post
    Do you have a TAC account? If so I would call them. You might be able to even get some support as you might have to get a 2nd server. There should be a way around it though.
    No, I usually come here when I need help.