Hey all! Currently configured: BES for Domino 4.1.6 MR6 Domino 8.0.2 FP1 Approx 1000 users ... Server Admins forum

sichs1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Software Configuration - Add/Remove Apps

Hey all!
    Currently configured:
    BES for Domino 4.1.6 MR6
    Domino 8.0.2 FP1
    Approx 1000 users over 2 servers

We currently DO NOT have an IT policy restricting the download/install of 3rd party apps on our corporate BB Devices. I currently push out several apps using s/w configs.

So needless to say, I have many, many, many different apps/version installed on every device out there. Now, my security group had the brain storm to begin restricting what 3rd party apps are allowed and want to know how soon I can get things cleaned up and in place.

So I guess what I want to do is:
    - create a app restrict policy
    - remove all non-approved apps from all of my users
    - push out approved apps from the BES using s/w configs

I've successfully created "disallow" s/w configs for the few apps I pushed OTA from the BES. This works as expected.

I've read several articles on how to do this (KB05392 is one) but I have several issues:
    (1) app versions - do I need to have a different s/w config disallow for each version of any given app?
    (2) will the s/w config disallow remove 3rd party apps which the user installed via the web? I've tried a couple with no luck. Does (1) come into play? I have this feeling that version are gonna play a big part : (
    (3) I'm assuming I still need to enable the "disallow 3rd party application downloads" in the IT policy?
    This is gonna be an absolute nightmare because of the late implementaion of the restrict.
    Any thoughts/ideas?? There must be other companies in the same boat as me.
    Last edited by sichs1; 07-08-2009 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Formatting