SmarterTools, Inc. is proud to announce the release of SmarterMail 5.5 . SmarterMail, the cost-effective ... Server Admins forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod

SmarterMail 5.5 Mail Server with BlackBerry Integration

SmarterTools, Inc. is proud to announce the release of SmarterMail 5.5. SmarterMail, the cost-effective Microsoft Exchange™ alternative, now gives customers the ability to synchronize over-the-air with BlackBerry devices and the Apple iPhone in addition to Microsoft Outlook, Pocket PC, and other Windows Mobile devices. Unlike competing products, SmarterMail does not require the use of a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) or expensive plug-ins to receive email with BlackBerry devices.

Email, Collaboration, and Sync Without Added Cost
    “SmarterMail now provides the BlackBerry email and syncing capabilities that users want without having to pay for higher priced mail servers, such as Microsoft Exchange,” said Tim Uzzanti, CEO of SmarterTools. “These new additions are part of our continuing commitment to improve our software, offer the latest features, and deliver value to our business customers at every level.”

Continuing Commitment to Quality and Improvement
    SmarterMail is a feature-rich Windows mail server that brings the power of enterprise-level functionality and collaboration to businesses and hosting environments. SmarterMail delivers 98% antispam, robust antivirus, detailed reporting, events/notifications, throttling, email archiving, intrusion detection/prevention, and advanced synchronization—all through an industry-leading AJAX Web interface that brings the features and performance of a desktop application to the Web.

A complete list of features, additions, and improvements is available on the SmarterMail Release Notes page. SmarterMail is available at the SmarterTools Web site and through Authorized Resellers. Existing SmarterMail 5.x customers can upgrade to version 5.5 at no additional charge by visiting the SmarterMail Download page.

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    Interesting idea syncing a Blackberry without a BES. I doubt it will be as secure as MDS or some type of IT Policy control. Anyone used a previous version of this?
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

qc_metal no está en línea Developer
    It looks like they are using SyncML which (in my opinion), has not been standardized enough to be a completely trouble-free/fully supported solution...

But you are right - there isn't any way of controlling policies, remote wipe of device, or anything other than email/contact/calendar synchronization. So, it might be a good alternative for small businesses that have BIS-provisioned BB's, but offers no way to control the devices.

Since it is bypassing RIM's network altogether for synchronization, wouldn't this open up some security concerns?

A side note - I wasn't able to find a page that went into full detail specfically what it can do with the BlackBerry or other mobile devices.