Another couple of queries if anyone can help. I don't know if this is a ... Server Admins forum

Crimesy no está en línea Stack level 2

SIM Card numbers and Phone numbers

Advertisement

Another couple of queries if anyone can help. I don't know if this is a BES, device or provider issue...

We currently run a mix of 7230, 7290 and 8700 devices on BES 4.1 with 02 as our provider.

Is there anyway the BES can pick up the SIM card number from the device automatically, the devices can obviously read the number as it's displayed on the SIM menu from the options icon and.

BES can pick-up the phone number only if it's been manually stored on the SIM, but most of our devices went to the users before we found this out.
    Is there any method of forcing a phone number onto a sim card without having to get the devices back (no chance!) talking several thousand users through the process.

vortix no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: SIM Card numbers and Phone numbers

I have the same problem with our T-Mobile users. T-Mobile told me that if we give them a list of phone numbers, they can send a command out to the devices to get them to automatically populate the phone # field. This has not worked when I have had them try this, however.

In addition, even if that did work, I believe that the user would have to go through the Enterprise Activation process to get the BES to update the phone # listed there. I have tested this out, and it will not update the phone number on the BES automatically as far as I can tell.

Not sure why it works this way with GSM devices. We don't have this issue with our CDMA devices with Verizon.