Hi All, I am currently running BES 4.0 in this office. I need to setup ... Server Admins forum

B18C5er no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Setting up a new BES, need to migrate existing users from old BES, Help!?

Hi All,

I am currently running BES 4.0 in this office. I need to setup a new clean installation of BES 4.1.6 on newer hardware. I will NOT be performing an in place upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1.6.

My question is this: How can I have both systems up and running at the same time so that I can migrate my existing users over from the old BES onto the new BES? I do not want to have to buy another BES license. This will all be done in a matter of days, so I do not need to purchase another license.

This is all for BES Enterprise on Exchange 2003.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by B18C5er; 04-28-2009 at 04:32 PM.

knottyrope no está en línea Stack Professional
    If you have 20 users you can download a trial of BES and change SRP after moving.

With more than 20, you will need to buy the migration kit or bite the bullet and re EA everyone with possible wipe of devices.

I would return it and get BES 5.0 and you can seemlessly move users with transporter.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi says "Use the search Luke", and Yoda says "RTFM, you should"
    Torch 9800 on BES 4.1.7 MR3, SQL 2005, Exch 03 with 250 hopeless users!/knottyrope