Hi all, a few weeks ago two of our BB 8100 were stolen. At first ... Server Admins forum

rh-mup no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204BC790

Thumbs down "Set Password and Lock Handheld" - Handheld gets locked every ten minutes

Advertisement

Hi all,

a few weeks ago two of our BB 8100 were stolen. At first the guys weren't sure if they had only displaced the handhelds. So I used the "Set Password and Lock Handheld" command. After it was clear that somebody stole the devices I used "Erase Data and Disable Handheld".

It took vodafone almost a week to deliver the new handhelds - untill then I haven't found a ACK of the kill commands in the logfiles. I assigned the new handhelds to the two users and everything was OK again.

Untill today. After I rebooted the BES the two 8100 (the new ones) got the same "Set Password and Lock Handheld" command which was sent almost a month ago to the old (stolen) devices:

... PIN=2504XXXX, UserId=5}SCS::PollDBQueueNewRequests - Queuing SET_PASSWORD_REQUEST request

... PIN=2504XXXX, UserId=5}SCS::PollDBQueueNewRequests - Queuing SET_OWNER_INFO_REQUEST request

Both were prompted to input the password. Unfortunatelly I used our standard admin password back then - which I'm not supposed to give away. So I send the "Set Password and Lock Handheld" command again in order to change the used password to someting more simple.

It worked fine. But after a few minutes the devices were locked again. The new password was still working. But it lasted only 10 minutes. This locking/unlocking is going on and on.

I thought deleting the users and then importing them again could help - what do you think?
    Has anybody an idea why this is happening?

We are using the following components:
    - Windows Server 2003 R2
    - BES 4.1.2.25
    - Exchange 2003

Thanks for your help!

R.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: "Set Password and Lock Handheld" - Handheld gets locked every ten minutes

On the users handhelds, options,security options,general, disable the password there. These are directions for 8700s but should be similar.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    204BC790

Hello DCookSta!

Thank you for the advise.
    It's feature...

I'm sorry I didn't notice the obvious. After the unwanted behavior, I didn't even try searching a function which could be responible for this.

Like it's written on my mug: RTFM

wizkid1981 no está en línea BES Guru

And just to let you know. BES on an R2 server is not recommended by RIM. If you contact them they will tell you it's "best effort" support with that type of setup.

PIN/ID
    204BC790

Hello wizkid1981,

thanks for the advise.
    Before we started using BB I send vodafone a copy of our IT standards - they had no complains...

R.