Hi everyone, I hope someone can help us with the situation, we are running company ... Server Admins forum

asae no está en línea Stack level 1

Question How to set BB dial-up to go thru BES? (not via BIS)

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help us with the situation, we are running company BES, using Blackbberry unlimited plan, and currently we allow our users to use their BB handheld as modem via their laptop. Unfortunately, the default of this connection method is going thru the provider internet/GPRS connection which (of course) be charged additional based on per kb download/upload.

From the cost savings perspective, is it possible to set the dial-up or modem to go via BES as well (because it has a flat cost). so no additional charges for internet/GPRS . FYI, from the handheld itself, we are able to browse the internet and the intranet, both channeled thru BES. But I've have searched around everywhere to find information on doing this for pc/modem connection but found nothing. Most info leads on doing this via provider's gateway.

Some of the info in the other forum mention that it require a special initialization string in the modem setting on the PC (AT+cgdcont=1,"IP","carrier ap n name"), we've tried anything on the apn name to force it to go thru BES but none working (ie. "blackberry.net, or "Enterprise Server").

Has anyone done this before? or is it just simply cannot be done?
    Looking forward for enlightenment with cost saving spirit

Best regards,
    asae

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: How to set BB dial-up to go thru BES? (not via BIS)

This could prove useful. I'm searching around. Bumping in the meantime.

Yup, seems that none knows...tried with sharkmodem, it works but for mass deployment will be a bit painful (agent in PC and Handheld), not to mention the guides and troubleshooting to be provided to the users.

If we can browse via MDS from the handheld then there's got to be away...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

still no one knows about this? .....