Server Migration I'm a BES admin in the process of migrating users from our old ... Server Admins forum

bakerfall no está en línea Stack level 1

Server Migration Question

Advertisement

Server Migration
    I'm a BES admin in the process of migrating users from our old bes to our new one. Here is the current setup:

Old server: 154 users, BES 3.6.7.12
    New server: 179 users, BES 4.1.2.20

I've been migrating users and, subsequently smaller licenses, without issue. It's now getting to point where we are going to run out of smaller licenses on the old BES and be left with a 100 user and a 50 user license. This is going to make migrating without buying more licenses impossible.

I posted this over at blackberryforums and was told that I could run one license on both servers simultaneously without problem, although it does violate license agreements. This would, however, only be temporary while we were migrating and once all users are moved to the 4.1 server, the 3.6 is going to be decommissioned.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any other thoughts?

Thanks

dguillaume no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Server Migration Question

You are absolutely fine to use a license on more than one server, RIM consider them more as site licenses so as long as you have a unique SRP Key and ID for each server and don't go over your total license limit you can use the CAL's on both servers. I do this for disaster recovery, testing and migration all of the time.

Dave