Hello, We are going to be performing a complete network rebuild for a Client in ... Server Admins forum

SilkBC no está en línea Stack level 1

Server migration: Different domains

Advertisement

Hello,

We are going to be performing a complete network rebuild for a Client in the new year, which include the creation of a new domain. User names and email addresses will remain the same, however.

Part of that re-build will include the migration (we hope!) of a BES server. I have seen the documents available for migrating a BES to new hardware, but is it possible to also do this across different domains? because the user names and email addresses will remain the same, I am hoping that this would not be an issue.

Is there a doc that outlines (or rather, details) doing this? I do not mind getting my hands dirty on the command line if necessary; I just want to avoid having 50+ users located all over North and South America having to re-activate their Blackberries (which would likely require a wipe, due to it having been activated on another BES)

Also, when I do the migration, I saw some posts saying that it's OK to use the same CALs, as long as the old server gets decommissioned (which will be the case). They also make mention of needed different SRP identifiers, however. How do I obtain a new one?

Thanks, in advance, for your help and insight!

-SilkBC

cyberpyr8 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Server migration: Different domains

It may be possible to move the database over to a server in the new domain. That would just require some tweaks as far as accounts. My question is why not just join the BES server that exists over to the new domain? That would allow you to keep your settings and users.

SilkBC no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpyr8 View Post
    My question is why not just join the BES server that exists over to the new domain? That would allow you to keep your settings and users.
    Because the server it is currently on is an SBS server that was setup by someone who didn't know what they were doing, and we're starting them off from scratch, using a non SBS setup. Unfortunately, they have remote Blackberry users in South America, and I'd like to avoid walking them through possibly having to wipe their handheld and re-activating, if it can be done.

-SilkBC

djoseph2004 no está en línea Stack level 1

does anyone know if i can puchase a blackberry data plan online

cyberpyr8 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by SilkBC View Post
    Because the server it is currently on is an SBS server that was setup by someone who didn't know what they were doing, and we're starting them off from scratch, using a non SBS setup. Unfortunately, they have remote Blackberry users in South America, and I'd like to avoid walking them through possibly having to wipe their handheld and re-activating, if it can be done.

-SilkBC
    Gotcha. I would look at migrating the database in. If you call RIM they should be able to get you directions for doing this and keeping the data and connections.