Guys, I just had the BES sever upgraded to 4.1.2.25 for 4.0 Does anyone know ... Server Admins forum

Fausto no está en línea Stack level 1

Server Licences

Advertisement

Guys,

I just had the BES sever upgraded to 4.1.2.25 for 4.0

Does anyone know if you can tell how many licences you have?

I've looked but can't find the info, all I can find is where to add more so called Vodafone technical to ask and they say you now have to manually add them up!!!

Seems a bit stupid to me since in the old version you could easily see how many licences you had "total" as well as how many have been used up.

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135
    Hi Fausto,

In Blackberry Manager, hightlight the blckberry domain on the left pane, then on the right under the accond group choose license management. That will list the license packs you have installed.

There may ba another way but thts the one I know.

paulst no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fausto
    Guys,

I just had the BES sever upgraded to 4.1.2.25 for 4.0

Does anyone know if you can tell how many licences you have?

I've looked but can't find the info, all I can find is where to add more so called Vodafone technical to ask and they say you now have to manually add them up!!!

Seems a bit stupid to me since in the old version you could easily see how many licences you had "total" as well as how many have been used up.
    As ffmike says, Licence management will tell you how many licences you have, however, it won't tell you how many are used or free. You can tell how many users you have by clicking on the servers icon under blackberry domain.

Hope this helps!!

Paul

thanks guys.

Although so far I still haven't found the answers I was looking for I have found a way to tell how many users you have running on the server.

Go to Blackberry Domain/All users. Highlight all the users then select the Services Control & Customization menu (bottom right) and click on Export stats to file.

Put it on the Desktop for ease then give it a name. once exported as a text file you can open it and the very top line will read " # BlackBerry Server user list. Number of Users: " if you have highlighted everyone this will at least tell you how many users are currently on the server.

I hope this helps others but I'd still like to know if someone knows an easier way to manage the licences.

HotWax no está en línea BES Pro
    What email platform are you using?

paulst no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks guys.

Although so far I still haven't found the answers I was looking for I have found a way to tell how many users you have running on the server.

Go to Blackberry Domain/All users. Highlight all the users then select the Services Control & Customization menu (bottom right) and click on Export stats to file.

Put it on the Desktop for ease then give it a name. once exported as a text file you can open it and the very top line will read " # BlackBerry Server user list. Number of Users: " if you have highlighted everyone this will at least tell you how many users are currently on the server.

I hope this helps others but I'd still like to know if someone knows an easier way to manage the licences.
    It's much quicker just see how many licences you have and subtract the number of users. Just look at my last post to find out where to look.

Thanks

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by HotWax
    What email platform are you using?
    Exchange 2003

Quote Originally Posted by paulst
    It's much quicker just see how many licences you have and subtract the number of users. Just look at my last post to find out where to look.

Thanks

Paul
    I did Paul but it only lists the licences and their resective numbers . You still have to total them up manually as you do with the users yes?

If it BES does clearly state total users and total licence somewhere then I'd love to know 'cause I cant find them.

resolution no está en línea Stack level 1
    I did Paul but it only lists the licences and their resective numbers . You still have to total them up manually as you do with the users yes?

If it BES does clearly state total users and total licence somewhere then I'd love to know 'cause I cant find them.
    you have to check using the blackberry legacy manager