Due to compliance issues, we have all emails journaling to an compliant archive hosted offsite. ... Server Admins forum

vod332 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AA5605

Sending BES emails through Exchange (journaling)

Advertisement

Due to compliance issues, we have all emails journaling to an compliant archive hosted offsite. This must be a representation of all emails sent and received by all employees.

Here is where the problem lies. When sending email from a Blackberry to an internal user, it doesn't seem to go through the Exchange connector and get journaled. This problem only exists when sending from the BB. When you send from outlook internally, it works fine. The user always gets the internal email from the BB, it just never gets journaled.

Any ideas? Seems like it must be some weird setting on the BES, but I haven't a clue where to start.

thanks,

G

cestmoi no está en línea Stack level 1
    Seeing how my own BB will send out via our company's SMTP server when I use my "Desktop" inbox, I'd suggest that you do some tests to see if your BBs are sending emails out via your company's SMTP. I have a feeling it is sending out via the BIS' smtp, which should show something like: bda333.bisx.prod.on.blackberry.bis.na.blackberry.c om (172.20.232.93) instead of your company's.

It would then make sense that outgoing mails from the BB are not journalled.

vod332 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AA5605
    Thanks for the reply. It is definitely sending out via BES. When sending to an external email, everything works fine.

The problem only surfaces when sending to someone within the organization from the BB.