I have a MS SBS 2003 server running Exchange SP2 and the BES 4.1 server. ... Server Admins forum

axndbes no está en línea Stack level 1

Question send from different email accounts using BES on Exchange server

Advertisement

I have a MS SBS 2003 server running Exchange SP2 and the BES 4.1 server. My client has multiple domains that point to the Exchange server. He can receive all his emails on his BB but needs to be able to send from an email address that is not his primary account. This is needed for businesses purposes. Is there any native way to accomplish this or do you need some third party application.

I am pulling my hair out on this one. My only other thought is that he has a BIS account and that maybe I could create an account on the BIS and just turn off mail forwarding so that he could reply using the send as feature.

Any suggestions out there on this topic? I would think that this is not so uncommon.

Thanks in advance!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    You can only have one BES account, and if you have no other email accounts set up on the device, you can only send from the BES account.

You can set one or more BIS accounts (up to 10), and then select which one you're sending from.

Be aware that you can not change the FROM address when you REPLY, and you can not edit the forwarded email or the original email when replying. If email is received from the BES account, it can only be forwarded from another email account.
    JerryD

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    You could always access the email via IMAP/POP3(BIS) to allow him to do as jdellasala suggested above. This will give you up to 10 accounts (11 including BES) that you can use. You can make IMAP secure by using SSL only and allowing the IP address through the firewall as indicated in this BTSC Document
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...00%20157538160

axndbes no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Thanks for your reply - One more question

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    You can only have one BES account, and if you have no other email accounts set up on the device, you can only send from the BES account.

You can set one or more BIS accounts (up to 10), and then select which one you're sending from.

Be aware that you can not change the FROM address when you REPLY, and you can not edit the forwarded email or the original email when replying. If email is received from the BES account, it can only be forwarded from another email account.

I do have one user that has his own domain email setup on the BIS and he also uses the BES with our Exchange server. My issue with his setup is that we POP mail down to his Outlook client and have messages delivered to his Exchange inbox. When he receives a message for this other domain he gets it in three places. Once in the folder that the BIS created and then when he POP's the message down to outlook it also syncs up to his BES account on his BB or messages folder. I hope I am being clear. Is there a way to not have this message delivered or duplicated based on what the setup is??