I have a single user exhibiting the symptoms of the MS created "send as" bug. ... Server Admins forum

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7

"Send as" symptoms Help!

Advertisement

I have a single user exhibiting the symptoms of the MS created "send as" bug. All the rest are fine. Does anyone have an idea how to resolve this? It is not the besadmin permissions as we have dealt with that on a global level. I've removed him from the BES and added him back with no luckThanks in advanceEd
    PIN: 303150C7

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7

Re: "Send as" symptoms Help!

Problem resolved. A whole buncha AD permissions had dropped off his account. Back in business.

Now for the post-mortem: How could that have happened? Here are some supporting facts
    1)The user's mailbox was moved from one exchange server (a "send as bug" free server) to another the evening before.

2)This happened to be the final mailbox to come off the old Exchange server so once the move wizard was complete I dismounted the old message store

I'm thinking I may have been to hasty in dismounting the message store. Hence AD was somehow unable to complete some cleanup processes. This resulted in numerous AD permissions getting dropped. Once restored bb messages could once again be sent.

What a wasted day!!
    Last edited by ekrimmer; 12-03-2006 at 01:11 AM.
    PIN: 303150C7