Hi, My old laptop running lotus notes has died and I have a new one ... Server Admins forum

rajiv1p no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Saving contacts from blacberry

Advertisement

Hi,

My old laptop running lotus notes has died and I have a new one with outlook. Unfortunately I had over 1600 personal contacts in lotus that are sync'ed with my 8703 blackberry. I am being told I need to do an enterprise activation to get it setup with Outlook and am concerned if my contacts and calendar get wiped out. Does anyone have the answer? Thanks!

bbtec no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D76E42

Re: Saving contacts from blacberry

If you sybc the device to outlook before the activation you should have no problems. It should work with just the activation depending on what rules your BES admin has setup~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

rajiv1p, Welcome to PinStack.

I believe that the enterprise activation should also work, but from what I hear it will take a long time with that many contacts to sync if the EA is done wirelessly. But I'm not an expert with BES so I could be wrong.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

rajiv1p no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi Guys, thanks for the advice. My bb folks are telling me that the way they have setup the enterprise activation, it would wipe the blackberry clean.

So I am going to try syncing with Outlook before EA. Any recommendations on version of desktop manager I should be using. I have a 8703 and am on VzW....

Also, assume I am just going to sync calendar and contacts..?

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

Yes, sync your calendar and contacts as well. Yes, your IT dept is correct. It does wipe your handheld. I know from experience when I was set up on my company's BES server. It did wipe my handheld but I had all of my contacts, calendar, tasks, etc synced with my PC at home.

Install the desktop manager that came with your 8703e. I'm not sure ehat version it is. I'm sure it is a version of 4.1 something. I use a BB pearl and my 8700g, so I'm using the desktop manager 4.2 that came with the pearl to sync both of devices (of course not at the same time).

Good luck to you!

Welcome to pinstack.

Let us know if you need additional help.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~