I have an issue with having the default policy of the 4.1.2 BES act differently ... Server Admins forum

jrbes no está en línea Stack level 1

Same Policy but different results on devices

Advertisement

I have an issue with having the default policy of the 4.1.2 BES act differently on users devices.

User1 (8700) - has 1 icon for Internet Browser and can browse the internet.

User2 (8700) - has 2 icons, one for Internet Browser and one for BlackBerry Browser.

User3 (8700) - has no icons for internet...

All three on the same IT Policy, have resent the policy to each one to try and resolve issues but they remain the same.

Placed my device (8700) on BES and applied Policy to myself - I have three icons, IBS, BB, and WAP...

Confused!!!
    In case of Emergency, PIN me.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Same Policy but different results on devices

All your sample users needs to have the appropriate service books resent. EA should take care of User 1. User 2 needs the carrier to push the service books. A resend from the carrier's BIS site might take care of the missing WAP browser icon. User 3 needs all of the above.

If their IT policies are all the same then browser icon issues are service book related (if the icon isn't hidden or the browsers were not removed via the App Loader).

jrbes no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Same Policy but different results on devices

I tried the EA earlier, I may go ahead and have the user wipe their device to see if that takes care of it.

I compared the SB's earlier and you are correct in that they were different (no IPPP for BIBS, etc) - that person I mentioned needs to verify with their carrier that they have not had their service disabled.

Any ideas on how to get the IT Policy to only show the IBS browser and not the others? I know they can hide the icons locally, but they would like something automated to do this. i setup a test policy and placed myself in there and can only get the WAP and IBS to go away, not the BlackBerry Browser Icon...
    In case of Emergency, PIN me.