[FONT=Verdana]Hey guys just a quick question. I looked around and found part of my answer ... Server Admins forum

joeya7 no está en línea Stack level 2

Rules in Outlook

Advertisement

[FONT=Verdana]Hey guys just a quick question. I looked around and found part of my answer but not all of it. I'm new to the BES and I was setting up my email rules in Outlook. From what I understand so far is when you set a rule to move the email to a folder you set it to move a copy to that folder. My question is where do you set it from Inbox or Unread Mail? Are there any other rules I need to know about while on the BES? Thank you all in advance for your time and help.[/FONT]

oppiTronic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2529ab95

Re: Rules in Outlook

I am not sure if I understand what you mean.
    First, the BES prior to 4.1 sp2 did not see hard deletes (shift+ delete key) or moves to the pst. Those items never got synced.
    If you have rules to move a mail to an folder in your mailbox, the BlackBerry only gets it if the folder where you move to is syncronized as well. You can choose what folders get syncronized in the Desktop Manager or on your device as well.

The basic thing to know is: The BES only sees messages in your online mailbox. If you "delete" a mail for the BES it just looks like a "move" to the deleted items folder. If you empty your deleted items folder too quick the BES might not recognize the "delete".
    If you move a mail to a pst file, for the BES it is just "gone". It will not do any action with the "orphan" on your handheld.

joeya7 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Rules in Outlook

ok that does help some. another question would be where do you set the rules from? Inbox or Unread mail?