I have recently upgraded to 4.1 SP3 and am attempting to implement some of the ... Server Admins forum

smooresdm no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Role Administration on 4.1 sp3

Advertisement

I have recently upgraded to 4.1 SP3 and am attempting to implement some of the new role administration features. I am unable to use security groups to assign the roles and have to use individual accounts.

Has anyone been able to implement these roles with Security Groups? It is advertised by RIM to work but in my experience the documents are not always correct. Before I sat on hold forever and argued about SQL with RIM, I thought I would draw on real experiences.

IndoorGK00 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Role Administration on 4.1 sp3

What rights do you have to the SQL database? Our SQL admins will only give us DB Owner rights to the BESMgmt database and we were unable to add roles. You must have "sysadmin" rights to add users to the role based administration.

smooresdm no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Role Administration on 4.1 sp3

I set it up while I was an SA in SQL. I was able to use individual rights for jr helpdesk, I then used a Security group containing the same uers and tried the same steps and it does not work You only need SA to set the rights, you need rim_db_security_admin to be able to even get to roles. My concern is that BB is unable to expand the Security Group and grant permission that way. It is ony working if you put each user in the roll

Thanks
    Sheri

BradRAllen no está en línea Stack level 1

I just installed SP3 this week

I have just installed SP3 on a new BES server. I used the role base admin to give access to several users. It seems to have worked for me. However, I have not placed this server into production yet, I have still many tests to perform.

One of my tests will be just this issue. I use roll based accounts in my SP1 servers, and I wanted to use "groups" rather than individual accounts. I will be testing this shortly. I hope it works.... but I do not have high hopes.
    Please keep us informed.
    Last edited by BradRAllen; 06-28-2007 at 01:32 AM.