Hi group, First post here... I'm getting ready to roll out the DST 2007 updates ... Server Admins forum

JPenrose no está en línea Stack level 1

Question RIM SetSendAsPermission Tool input format

Advertisement

Hi group,

First post here...

I'm getting ready to roll out the DST 2007 updates to clients, servers, exchange, BES bla bla bla (I thought Y2K was a nuisance).

I've d/led the RIM SetSendAsPermission tool and I have a quick question about the input file format. The tool help indicates that I can feed it a list of SMTP addresses that I would like the tool to 'fix' the Send As permissions for but all it says for the format of the file is 'SMTP address'.

Can anyone elaborate from experience as to what type of file I need to construct? What would the EXT be?

Thanks in advance!!

-=J=-

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

Re: RIM SetSendAsPermission Tool input format

I don't have the answer you want, but I have used the VBScript AddSendAs.vbs that Microsoft provides on the KB Article 912918.

This has worked really well for me and I did the DST 2007 patch this morning.

CSCRIPT AddSendAs.vbs DOMAINCONT –SetAll

or

CSCRIPT AddSendAs.vbs -help for usage

JPenrose no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Would you be willing to discuss the steps you took to update your exchange and BES environment to cover the DST changes? I'm just about to start this process and I'd like to hear how you coordinated yours.

Thanks for the reply,
    -Jon

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

I would have no problem with that. I have a pretty simple installation so it may not scale depending on what your setup looks like. Send me an E-Mail - aogcrewdawg (@) gmail.com.