Delivers Enterprise-Grade Security and Controls in a Streamlined and Affordable Package Optimized for Smaller Organizations ... Server Admins forum
RIM Launches BlackBerry Professional Software
Delivers Enterprise-Grade Security and Controls in a Streamlined and Affordable Package Optimized for Smaller Organizations with Deployments of up to 30 Wireless Users
Waterloo, ON - Research In Motion today announced the immediate availability of BlackBerry Professional Software - a new wireless communications and collaboration solution that tightly integrates with the industry leading email servers and is specifically designed and priced to meet the needs of small and medium-sized businesses. BlackBerry Professional Software is based on the core functionality of the best-in-class BlackBerry Enterprise Server software used by governments and large organizations worldwide, but it is streamlined and tailored to meet the needs of smaller organizations with up to 30 wireless users. BlackBerry Professional Software is priced at $499 for 5 users.
BlackBerry Professional Software enables small and medium-sized businesses to enhance communications and collaboration with an enterprise-grade mobility solution – allowing user-friendly wireless access to email, organizer, Internet and intranet applications with advanced security – while addressing the desirefor an in-house solution that is affordable, simple to install and easy to manage.
"Small and medium-sized organizations have many of the same business requirements for a mobility solution as compared with larger enterprises, but they often require more streamlined administration features," said Carrie MacGillivray, Senior Analyst, SMB Markets: Mobility, IDC. "It has become increasingly important for smaller companies to be able to easily and cost-effectively deploy and manage mobile technology solutions in order to remain competitive and responsive to customers. An offer that combines a mobility solution with enterprise grade middleware, and an intuitive user interface, will resonate with this increasingly mobile segment."
Key features and benefits of BlackBerry Professional Software include:
“Productivity and flexibility are obviously important for small and medium-sized businesses and we know that the majority of these businesses are interested in a wireless solution, but many have been waiting for a server product that can afford greater IT simplicity while still allowing a superior quality of experience for users. We specifically designed BlackBerry Professional Software to provide a more simplified and affordable solution for small and medium-sized businesses, while maintaining industry leading performance, security and control,” said Mike Lazaridis, President and Co-CEO at Research In Motion.
- Small IT Footprint – Installs on the same server as the email system, saving customers the cost of additional hardware and operating system licenses.
- Support for the Leading Email Systems – Provides tight integration with Microsoft® Exchange or IBM® Lotus® Domino®, allowing a full complement of synchronized wireless services including access to email, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks.
- Simple Installation – A Pre-install Assistant utility performs a technical assessment of the environment and provides a recommended configuration making installation fast and easy with little or no requirement to determine configuration settings.
- Easy Management – Simplified BlackBerry Manager Interface is a one-stop location for most management tasks, and wizards and quick-links enable customers to easily change common functions such as adding or deleting a user. IT policies are also easy to set up with pre-defined IT policy templates.
- Advanced Security – Utilizes the same certified security architecture and encryption system of the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, which is trusted and accredited by more organizations around the world than any other wireless solution.
- BlackBerry® MDS (Mobile Data System) Support – Provides customers with the ability to extend internal applications to mobile employees and use any of the thousands of third party applications developed for the BlackBerry platform.
Pricing, Upgrading & How To Buy
BlackBerry Professional Software is priced at $499 USD (MSRP) for 5 users and $849 USD (MSRP) for 10 users. Either package can be expanded to support up to 30 wireless users with the purchase of additional standard Client Access Licenses (CALs). BlackBerry Professional Software can also be easily upgraded to BlackBerry Enterprise Server. BlackBerry Professional Software is available in multiple languages (English, French, Italian, German and Spanish) and can be purchased via electronic software download from www.blackberry.com/professional.
Special Introductory Offer – Limited Time
With the launch of BlackBerry Professional Software, RIM is also announcing a special introductory offer. Beginning today and running until November 30, 2007, customers who purchase any 5 new BlackBerry smartphones will be eligible to receive a 5-user BlackBerry Professional Software package ($499 USD value). Visit www.blackberry.com/professional for details.
Re: RIM Launches BlackBerry Professional Software
That looks great! Are the licenses they provide valid for more than one year, or does one need to renew after 12 months? How does this differ (technically) from a dedicated BES? I have recently purchased 4 BB's, so if I can find another one then I would love to have my own BB compliant email server.
Re: RIM Launches BlackBerry Professional Software
ok so what is the difference between this and bes express, they only thing I have seen is that with the professional software you have to buy 5 licenses at a time but with bes express you can buy siungle licenses. and that seems like a disadvantage. So is there a advantage to using this new software instead of bes express ?
Tags for this Thread