I have users using Return Receipt with Outlook. Is there a way for emails sent ... Server Admins forum

NWM
    NWM no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Return Receipts from BB Device

Advertisement

I have users using Return Receipt with Outlook. Is there a way for emails sent from a device to require a return receipt and/or a user have the option of allowing a return receipt to be sent back to the sender? Our devices run on BES 4.1. The majority of the devices are 8703e's, even though we have a few Pearls and Curves.

Thank you,

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: Return Receipts from BB Device

The only thing I know of is a delivery confirmation from the BB. When the user starts an email the subject must start with <confirm>. That will send the delivery confirmation back to the BB.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

On the 83 and 88. Go into the messages folder. Click the menu button and go to options. Go to email settings. I am not sure if this is only certain os or what, but the 8830's I know have this and I have a curve on bis and one on bes and they both have the options.

ibanyan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24222F96

I don't know where N8DBB is seeing this but this has never been an option for a BB. My Curve does not have it either. It is possible that a new BES enables this option. I'm on BES 4.1.3 and still no return receipt.

The <confirm> trick is actually a delivery confirmation, not a read receipt.
    Craig Johnston
    --------------
    My book "Professional BlackBerry":
    http://tinyurl.com/gyqvz
    Mobile Computing Authority Podcast:
    http://mca.libsyn.com

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by ibanyan
    I don't know where N8DBB is seeing this but this has never been an option for a BB. My Curve does not have it either. It is possible that a new BES enables this option. I'm on BES 4.1.3 and still no return receipt.

The <confirm> trick is actually a delivery confirmation, not a read receipt.
    Maybe I am special?

And I know for a fact that it is on the 8830's because "confirm delivery" is set by default to yes (which is a real pain), as we have clients calling every day asking why they keep getting confirm delivery notices on their BB's.

NWM
    NWM no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Re: Return Receipts from BB Device

thanks guys, I didn't see it either on the 87's, Pearl or Curve. I'm running BES v. 4.1.2.25. I should check with RIM to see if there is an add-on/update.

coffeeturtle no está en línea Stack level 1

Well, it is on the 8700. With my personal BIS e-mail accounts the options exist for confirmation. However, my BES corp e-mail account only has options for sending to handheld, etc. So I'm guessing this has something to do with policies on your company's BES. IMHO