Hello Had this problem last weekend, the server that hosts BES 4.0 went down for ... Server Admins forum

Tronky no está en línea Stack level 2

Restoring BES 4.0 on domino experience

Had this problem last weekend, the server that hosts BES 4.0 went down for a reboot and never came back.

The configuration was as follows
    1- Win 2000 server SP3
    2- Domino 6.5 FP4
    3- BES 4.0
    4- Mysql

First thing I tried was to repair windows as it was showing a blue screen but this didn't work as the same blue screen kept on showing when booting from the windows CD.

I called our BES vendor and asked for their help in installation an restore.
    They told me that the only thing they need for BES to be restored was the database ( BESMgmt.ldf & BESMgmt.mdf )

I had another unused server with windows 2003 server SP1 and I decided to move to it, then I installed domino 6.5.
    Then the support guy installed BES 4.0 and restored the database from a previous backup, and when we opened BB Manager we found the users right there.

We then waited for the service to work but it didn't.

After more than 12 hours during which the support guy had tried different work arounds including installing BES 4.1 instead, then we found an entry in the domino log in which it says

Can't find Blackberryprofiles.nsf

then we found this

Can't open state database for user XXXXXXXXX

The support guy didn't know what are these ( he's MS exchange oriented ) and I decided to look into my last backup.

I found a folder names BES under the domino data directory, in which there was a database named Blackberryprofiles.nsf and another subfolder named State that contained a domino database for each user on the BES server.

I copied them into our new installation and the rebooted....then everything worked fine.

In short, here's what you need to restore your BES over domino:

1- Backup from BESMgmt.ldf & BESMgmt.mdf (x:/programe files/MSSQL/Data).
    2- Backup from domino data directory including the folder named BES ( x:/Lotus/Domino/Data ).
    3- Install windows, domino, BES.
    4- Restore your backup to the same paths as the your old setup exactly.

Hope this helps.

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    Great write up thanks!
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!